• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Too small windshield gasket

broncozx

I was trying to mount my windshield, with a new gasket, but im missing about 2" in the top and about 3/4" in the bottom, height seems ok, if i can stretch it a little.

Have anybody else had this kind of problem ?

Who sells a gasket which fits a 100% ?

Im in norway, so it needs to be shipped overseas.

Thank you

Happy new year

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Well at least you did not get one of these.
The famous 3 sided window gasket.

Attachments

• 3cornerws.jpg
    3cornerws.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 44

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I remember a few years back a member posted of getting one like 3 short on one side. Maybe there's still a few off the bad ones on shelves. Have the vendor check the size before shipping.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did you have to pay extra for the 3 corner gasket. I heard they are rare
That sucks you know somebody somewhere saw that and said I'm shipping it anyways

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
...8 years are more ago .. I bought one from one vendor.. & It's corners were too round ..It would not seal & not leak.. So I bought another one from Toms. It had square corners & it worked..
.. I like to get mine very warm before attempting to install. & I use GoJo as the lubricate to install them. Even though you get it every where. It cleans up rather easily. I also used a 3/8 nylon roped too install .. I've always cut the rubber when using 1/4 in. rope.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
The one I bought some 20 years ago was too small but I made it work with lots of sealant. I hate the look of it every time I get in my rig. Looks right form the outside but not from the inside.

Tim

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Try spinning the gasket 180° - the w/s is trapezoidal, so the gasket may fit better the other way. Use a little silicone grease to make it slide into place. That will also help it relax & seal, without chemically damaging the rubber like some solvents & cleaners could.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Did you have to pay extra for the 3 corner gasket. I heard they are rare
That sucks you know somebody somewhere saw that and said I'm shipping it anyways

Yep and his name was chuckles. I think the guy had to pay shipping to return it too.