• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

took me long enough to go topless

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Went to do a little touch op on the top, and while doing it, I said fuck it, why not just take the top off

So for the first time I running topless

Feels so awesome ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• topless.JPG
    topless.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 122
  • topless2.JPG
    topless2.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 96
  • topless3.JPG
    topless3.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 111

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Looks good Don! Does your windshield frame have the shakes?

68broncohalfcab

Loc.
clarksville,
looks great and feels better without the top. if you can find a set of 68 doors you can take the window frames off then and they look even better.

triggers68

Loc.
El Dorado, AR
Great looking Bronco. My wife and I, ( you caught that didnt you) are building ours Permanatly topless with door inserts. Love the look, the feel and the looks we will get back.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It does move a little, but is pretty solid. Better than I thought it would be

As long as you have the doors on it should be pretty solid, I had to brace mine after I took the doors off. Looks great. I was die hard on the hard top but finally pulled it off, sold the hard top a few months later.

TonyC

Loc.
Belmont, MA
Lookin good don, you will be getting a soft top. As for the windshield, the only time it rattles is when you go on a shitty potholed road, which I am going to stop by putting in another small weather strip between the door frame and the windshield. You forget that the 8000 pound roof kept things stable.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Now when you gonna cut the top off that Lightning? Just kidding, looks great! I love my soft top with the windows zipped out and stowed in case of rain!

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Now when you gonna cut the top off that Lightning? Just kidding, looks great! I love my soft top with the windows zipped out and stowed in case of rain!

Don't laugh as I know a guy who did just that

choppedLightning2.jpg

Lookin good don, you will be getting a soft top. As for the windshield, the only time it rattles is when you go on a shitty potholed road, which I am going to stop by putting in another small weather strip between the door frame and the windshield. You forget that the 8000 pound roof kept things stable.

I will figure something temp tommorow
Look foward to meeting you at Kimballs this week