• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Transfer case shifting after AOD install

ps6123

Loc.
Denton
I have asked a few questions on this trouble already but I am thinking I did not asked the right question? I installed an AOD out of a Grand Marque, had the AA adapter installed but then after this was done my transfer case would not go into 2H. I can reach every other position but 2H. It seems to skip over. The transfer case was working find until I made these changes so I believe it is something I have done. Any suggestions or direct knowledge of what I did or what I need to do would be appreciated.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Do the rear wheels drive in 4 high? There is a possibility that you put the tcase input gear on backwards. It only has high range drive lugs on one side of the gear. No drive lugs means no high range to the rear output.

OP
OP
P

ps6123

Loc.
Denton
T shift

Linkage? Are we talking about the spacer that is between the 2 shift rails that the shifter attached to? I hate really sound like I don't have a clue but I am totally lost

Thanks

OP
OP
P

ps6123

Loc.
Denton
I have been trying to post a pic of both my tail housing and inside the input side of the transfer case with out any luck using my phone.
The gears that are on the tail housing are a larger one at the base then a smaller one, are these reversed? Again talking with out a clue

Thanks

Revelation

Bronco Guru
The gear that could be backwards is the one on the front side of the transfer case, You would need to pull the t=case to check it.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Here's a pic. You should be able to see them from the bottom cover with the tcase in neutral.

Attachments

• input gear 1.jpg
    input gear 1.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
P

ps6123

Loc.
Denton
I am unable to add photos but if you look at my Gallery you can see the tail housing and opened transfer case

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I am unable to add photos but if you look at my Gallery you can see the tail housing and opened transfer case

That all looks ok. Can you shift it in all the gears now? Did you shim the springs/balls? Shim too much and the springs can't compress enough.