• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Transmission ID????

flaconinja

Loc.
Newport News
So I looked at the plate on my c4 I believe (has eleven bolts so I think its a c4) and the plate read

PEA AL
D3BAA

That doesn't show up in my chiltons manuel and I can't find the info on line for transmission data plates. Anybody able to educate me.

Thanks
Ryan

OP
OP
flaconinja

flaconinja

Loc.
Newport News
Oh yeah so my transmission also has the dipstick running into the passenger side of the pan and the pan perfectly square, the gasket that's in it has that little bump on the driver side front but being that the pan is perfectly square it's sticking out and leaking like a mug (wrong gasket I'm thinking). The pictures of the c4 pans i've seen online all had the bump on the front of the driver side, do I have some kinda weird stuff.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
PEA-AL is a '73 Bronco C4. Your gasket is on wrong.

Attachments

• Bronco 361.jpg
    Bronco 361.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Bronco 363s.jpg
    Bronco 363s.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
flaconinja

flaconinja

Loc.
Newport News
thanks, where did you get the info btw, i couldn't find it anywhere

Also the overhang in the gasket in the second picture, is that the correct way it fits? that's pretty much what mine looks like and i thought it might be a problem

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I have a spreadsheet of trans codes collected through the years.

The gasket is on correctly in the pic above. The overhang is on the passenger side.

OP
OP
flaconinja

flaconinja

Loc.
Newport News
Thanks again, I'll be draining it, replacing the filter and gasket, and obviously refilling it in the next couple of days. Wish me luck and feel free to shoot me any tips :)

Ryan

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Make sure to knock out any dimples around the bolt holes to make the pan rail as flat as possible. Use the biggest flat washers you can under the bolts.