• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Trutrac install questions...

Henrietta

Loc.
Bradyville, TN
Okay have done all sorts of searching and have a question or two. I have already decided that trutac is gonna be best way for me to go in the rear. My first question is IF my ring gear is okay and not worn, is it a direct bolt on to the trutrac carrier? Also am running 31's now and for a while to come, will 28 SPline be ok? I read where Wildbill has been running this setup for years, correct me if I am wrong. Also is there anywhere that sells these cheaper than others, or is anyone out there have one lying around they need to get rid of? Thanks,
Mike G

Last edited:

d-m

Loc.
Western NC
Yes 28 spine axles should be fine unless you are very hard on your equipment.The truetrac will bolt right in just check your backlash before you take your old diff out.You will need a dial indicator to measure the backlash.Should be around 8 to 12 thousands.Make sure when you are done the reading is the same as it was before you took it apart.I like my truetracs.

OP
OP
H

Henrietta

Loc.
Bradyville, TN
Ok...a few other questions...what exactly is a "lunchbox" locker....Also what is a lock-right locker? Is it a spool, a true lock-up locker or a limited slip? Are they a cheaper version of what type?