• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TruXus MT--Super Swamper

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Has anyone had any luck with Interco warranting tires? I have a set of 35x18x12.5 M/T’s that have a ton of wheel weights on them and they will not balance. Not even close. Several different places have tried to balance them.

I got them at 4 wheel parts and once they are mounted they can’t be returned which I understand.

I am not interested in running soft pellets or equal.

Not on a Bronco but still relatable

Attachments

• tires 003.jpg
    tires 003.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Tires 005.jpg
    Tires 005.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 22
  • tires 006.jpg
    tires 006.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 22

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Has the tire shop tried to rotate the tire in relation to the wheel? Where I used to work we weren't allowed to use that much weight, we would move the tire around and it usually fixed the balance issues/ or at least helped. It may be those wheels also...

ugly_od_eb

Loc.
Moyock, NC
Well when i got iroks they just came out a couple months beforehand, and while the tires were sittin in the garage waiting to get mounted i noticed one tire had "extra" rubber inside and i pealed off about 2-3 pounds of 1/4" rubber off the inside ribs.... ?:? just saying, not the same tire but same company...

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Well when i got iroks they just came out a couple months beforehand, and while the tires were sittin in the garage waiting to get mounted i noticed one tire had "extra" rubber inside and i pealed off about 2-3 pounds of 1/4" rubber off the inside ribs.... ?:? just saying, not the same tire but same company...

Actually, it is the same company.

OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is just an assumption, but a tire shop can distinguish between a wheel being out of balance and a tire out of balance right?

The tire shops that these have been balanced at are NOT fly by night operations. The last shop said that they just can't get them balanced (the tires).

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Kyle I would suppose any tire shop could tell if the balance problem was the wheel of tire if they separated the 2 and checked the wheel for balance first. If they are together the machine only says to add weight at a certain point. A new guy or inexperienced operator may not realize the 'spin the tire' trick works when they have excessive weight on a wheel.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Loose the lead hammer on weights - use airsoft pellets. The arisoft pellets are made of plastic and soft - centrifugal gravity throws them to the outside of the tire whee they will balance the tire out - works great. This is how semi's balance their tires - you will never see weights hammered on a 22.5" Alacola wheel.

You are Welcome ;D

As most of you know, there are many options available out there to balance tires. there is the traditional stick on weights, high priced equal powder, and even cheap ass solutions like golf balls and BBs. Personally, I am a cheap ass and iIam tired of ripping off weights on the trail so I decided to try something different. One thing that most people don't take into consideration is that when aired down on high traction surfaces like rock the tires actually spin a little bit on the rim (this is why drag racers use rim screws) so stationary weights like the stick on kind become useless when one or more tires spins on the rim and the weights are no longer in the correct spot to balance everything.

- golf balls were a no for me, since they eventually wear out from all the rubbing inside the tire and then turn into big globs of crap that dont roll and just heat up the tires.

- BBs were a no since I don't like the idea of tiny metal balls that can rust zinging around my expensive tires wearing them out from the inside out.

So after reading a couple threads on Pirate, I decided to go with 6mm plastic BBs. these are the ones that those $20 Walmart pellet guns shoot aka Airsoft guns. there are several different sizes, but i chose the .12g ones because i could get a box of 10,000 of them for cheap.

Now, there is a little bit of math involved here, you will need to find out how much to put in each tire. so going off the chart found here:
http://www.innovativebalancing.com/BigTirechart.htm
I decided on roughly 10 ounces per tire.

some math:
10,000 bbs / 4 tires = 2500 bbs per tire
.12g x 2500 = 300 grams
10 ounces x 28.3 grams (per ounce) = 283 grams per tire
As you can see, it takes roughly 2500 bbs per tire, but it will vary from tire to tire. i put in about 10.7 ounces since my tires run slightly larger than most 37s.

Start by dividing the ecstasy pills, I mean bbs into 4 equal quantities

Jack the bronco up and start taking off tires

Once the tires are off, pull the valve stems...

And pry off the stick on weights (if you have any)

Now you will need a trailer hitch and a hi lift, stick the hi lift in the hitch and the foot as close to the bead as possible. make sure the valve stem is 180* away, or you could rip it.

Start jacking it, the bead will begin to come off

wWen the jack begins to get stubborn you can either rotate the tire and jack it in a different spot or jump on it till it unseats fully. (at 170 dripping wet, it doesn't always work for me)

Now pop the drugs, I mean bbs into the bead area and push them through.

All you need to do now is take the tire to a gas station or something and pump it full of air to reseat the bead. WD40 around the bead will make it a little easier to go on.

You are now ready to smuggle drugs with nicely balanced tires wherever you please ;D

OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am not interested in running soft pellets or equal.

In most cases I would not be opposed to this, but these aren't even close to being balanced.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I also suggest using airsoft pellets.

I have 35's on bead locks and 80 mph is smooth.

What do you have to loose, try them.
the only other option is to find someone that will shave the tire to balance it.

OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think my point is being lost here. These are brand new tires on a street rig. If they can not be balanced using conventional means I would like Swamper to give my money back or exchange them. The original question was has anyone had luck with Interco warranting tires?

These aren't 38's-44's. 35's should be able to be balanced right?

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
4-wheel parts mounted and "balanced" them and sent you out the door with them...have you told them you are not satisfied? That's where you should start in my opinion since they're the ones you gave your money to. Just because they can't be returned doesn't mean that you have no recourse with 4WP and that you can't use them to help you fully diagnose the problem. Plus, warranty for a defective tire(s) and returns are two different things.

You've mentioned that they're not balanced...but by how much? Some things can be fixed by other balancing methods, some can't. Keep in mind that you did buy an Interco product, which are famous (maybe notorious is a better word) for not balancing well. My brother's 32x11.5 SSR's took about as much weight to balance as you show on yours or more. Most off-roaders don't bother with the bigger tires or run airsoft pellets.

OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes I have run my course with 4 wheel parts and I understand their stance.

I know that swampers have issues, as I have owned many. If this were a trail truck or a bigger tire I would agree, but a 35 in my mind should be able to be balanced by conventional means. This is how Swamper advertises them:

The NEW TrXus Mud Terrain is INTERCO'S answer to the need of those who want a smooth, super quiet ride with tough, thick sidewalls with a chip and cut resistant compound.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Just run airsoft pellets - you bought a tire knowing what you may be running into. I know you bought a brand new tire and it wont balance - well they specialize in extreme off road tires - you may just have to deal with it if 4WP doesn't fix it.

OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Kyle we should probably agree to disagree, because I got your point the first time. I take your opinion as that a manufacture can put out a mediocre product and the customer is required to improve the quality. My expectation was that this tire could be balanced with conventional means.

This really wasn’t the point of this thread. It was simply a question about contact with Interco and I got my answer back from them this morning.

By the way I run a 36x14.50 on my 74 and I do plan on using airsofts with it, so I don't totally discount their use.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
This really wasn’t the point of this thread. It was simply a question about contact with Interco and I got my answer back from them this morning.

What was their answer?

OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They said that if they are still in the first 10% of the tire life (they are) that they will resolve the issue. Depending on the information they get back from the vendor they may ask for the tires back or they will just ask for the DEQ stamp to be cut from the tire and sent back to them.

In my mind they handle this great, and I have my answer.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
They said that if they are still in the first 10% of the tire life (they are) that they will resolve the issue. Depending on the information they get back from the vendor they may ask for the tires back or they will just ask for the DEQ stamp to be cut from the tire and sent back to them.

In my mind they handle this great, and I have my answer.

Cool, thanks for the info. I was kind of keeping an eye on this thread because I was leaning toward the TrXus for my build when the time came.