• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tube Benders

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Hey all i was wondering what kind of tube benders you guys are using for your roll cage and everything else you do. Harbor Freight sell some but i dont know if they are strong enough to bend a roll cage.;D
Thanks for posting
Ok then forget the damn cheap harbor freight bender. I will spend anywhere from 300-500 for a tube bender and anything else i need for cutting the edges of the tube. Now give me some good tube benders.

Last edited:

ned72

Loc.
Truckee
don't get the ones from harbor freight they suck. they can bend tube but you have to do things like heat the tube. put sand in it so the bender doesn't kink the tube. your best bet is to just spend like 300 and get a good bender. i learned that the hard way

grant_71

Bronco Guru
the JD2 is a good one, my dad bought one for his shop so i snag it when ever i need it, i bent my cage with it and also a brushguard for a bulldozer.

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I use a pro-tool model. The JD-2 is also real good. Dont buy a cheap one, you will hate it.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I also have a JD 2 I am always looking for more dies. Bender is a good one. It's easy to use and not to hard to duplicate bends. I wish I could of afforded the hyd option.

OP
OP
SSDDBRONCO

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
ok then forget the damn cheap harbor freight bender. I will spend anywhere from 300-500 for a tube bender and anything else i need for cutting the edges of the tube. Now give me some good tube benders. ;D

BanditBronco

i have the got trikes plans and they are very detailed plans but for the average person they can also be very confusing! i still have not started my bender yet but all the ones that i have seen built look awesome. The only reason i went with a vertical bender is that it is portable unlike a horizontal where it has to be bolted down

scbronco

Loc.
Sumter, SC

x2 i built a gottrikes bender, and it has been great, total of $400 dollars invested, and that included a good die from pro tools... fun rpoject to build, air over hydraulic, super easy to use, and it will bend some steel... ;) i love it, i would have never spent the 800 bones to buy a similarly equipped unit from one of the vendors... do your self a favor, and get a copy of bend tech pro from 2020ssi.com. its a great cad style program that lets you build tube structures, and print cutting and bending instructions. they have 3 or 4 different packages ranging from ~150 to 400 bucks. i have the 400 dollar one, and it is way more than i need, but it has made all of my projects cheaper, easier, and faster, plus i know my geometric quality is spot on...

Slim

Loc.
Costa Mesa
ok then forget the damn cheap harbor freight bender. I will spend anywhere from 300-500 for a tube bender and anything else i need for cutting the edges of the tube. Now give me some good tube benders. ;D

You will be hard pressed to find a good bender + Die + Bender base + Notcher for less than $1k.

JD2 or Pro Tools bender is $400-$500 (may or may not include stand)

Stand/Base = $100

Die = $300-$400, depending on size.

Notcher = $200

Not many to be had used either.

ITOWU2

Loc.
close to Billings
I've got the JD32 with the 2" die and the "notch master". Both work great. I've bent .120 wall 2" tubing only up to 90* so far but did it with ease. I did add a longer handle to make it easier.
Wes