• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Turn signals not working?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got this Bronco and the turn signals won't work. I put all new bulbs, checked signal fuse (good), checked flasher fuse things too. I see it has one flasher for the signals and one for the emerg. flashers and both are good. Running lights are fine. The gauge cluster dash lights for the signals lights light up solid. Sometimes only the right one and sometimes both. They stay solid (on) though.<br><br>Any suggestions?<br><br>Thanks ,<br><br>Blue71

dash8mx

Not real good at electrical stuff but try looking at the turn signal switch, and the flasher's. I have had to change the turn signal swich on 2 different broncos.Get a wiring diagraqm and follow the current path and see where it is getting lost at. I would bet it's the switch .good luck william in va

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
My Bronco has emergency flasher switchs on the dash and on the stearing wheel colum too. The one on the colum is hard to see, but if in one position or the other, the turn signal will not work, even though the dash switch will work the flashers. Check and see if you have two emergency flasher switches and if you do try them in different positions while you also try the turn signals.

cobranco

Loc.
Zeeland,MI
I recently replaced the cam on mine. I got it from JBG for around $10. I had a similar problem, and after looking it over, I had to use a wire cutter and shorten two of the contact wires on the back of the cam. When the lever was moved to left or right blinker, only one wire was contacting the button because the other longer one was just mashing up against the plastic. These cams are cheap and only last about year.