• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

twin stick mod for d20/AOD swap?

U

Unregistered

I got a ? I got a dana20and aod setup for a bronco but no shifter for the t-case. JBG told me there not sure there twin stick would work. Oh btw it's the l8ter model jshift t-case. with the flanges on the rail. I need to know what do u need 2 do to the rails to get them to work. I have the d20 all rebuilt and would hate to take it apart to switch to earlier rails. If i have to i'll grind the flanges off. I've already checked the links and haven't found any complete answer. I'm trying to use 2 90 degree elbows for plumbing and 2 piece of round aluminum for the shifters. is there anything else in the t-case i have to remove so rails move independently from each other? Any help would be apperciated? Man after all this work i can see y the adapter is $100 bucks cheaper now?

OP
OP
U

Unregistered

Ok i found a link with the t-case detent rods. Do u remove these for the shift rails to move independlty from each other? or do u modify em some how? I'm thinking u need them in there so the rails don't pop outta gear. Maybe I'm wrong i'm not mechanical enginner that's for sure

hmgoy

Loc.
CHANDLER, AZ
aod

do a search for aod. i did it and its preatty easy. what you have to do is cut the flanges so each will move independantly. the twin stick i bought had to be modified a bit i had to cut it and weld a longer peoce on it. however it works great

OP
OP
U

Unregistered

Re: aod

hmgoy said:
do a search for aod. i did it and its preatty easy. what you have to do is cut the flanges so each will move independantly. the twin stick i bought had to be modified a bit i had to cut it and weld a longer peoce on it. however it works great
Thanks for the reply. I think i'll just cut the flanges off and weld those plumbing elbows on. Sweet i think i might have come up with the cheapest twin stick ever.