• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Twin Stick Shifter for a J transfer

BRONCOBASS

What is the best twin shifter for my 1977 with J-shift style transfer

and do i need to do modification???????????

thanks

Heus33

Bronco Guru
You'll need to modify the shift rails a bit.

As for the type of shifter I dont think there is much difference as they're mainly just levers. Try a detailed search and you'll find more info with install pics.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Any one that you can find on here for around $50... of course that's just me sir.. ;)

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
What is the best twin shifter for my 1977 with J-shift style transfer

and do i need to do modification???????????

thanks

You have to cut the overlapping portion of the shift rail flags. There are some different options on how you want it. I did it without taking the tc out. Look at some of the vendors instructions on their sites.

1970mule

Bronco Guru
i second the twin from JB Fab, i just put one in friday. the linkage is great and it includes the rubber boot as well for $130, other place charge $150 just for the sticks and a extra $30 for the boots. but as i see they all perform the same.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
You have to cut a hole (or drop the t-case), remove the j-shift, cut the flags, bolt on the twin stick, cover up the hole.
One afternoon if you take your time and fart around, drink beer, and watch tv.
Two hours, if you are efficient, no beer, and no distractions.

Here's a link to my install with pics..
http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105898

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
I have JB fabs and they are very quality pieces. There are only so many ways to skin the twin stick cat.

They would not fit in the original twin stick hole in my truck. They also hit the trans tunnel. I had to grind a bit down on the FWD rail lever and also trim some on the driver's side of the shifter hole. I wound up cutting an access panel instead of doing light trimming since I had a cover panel pre-fab'd and it gives access to some of the more irritating TC bolts. :p

Good shifter though.

uncut

jpfab

google it, check it out, then talk to john if you have q's...he's got the highest quality shifter i've found. great support. guaranteed.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
i'll say the same, nothing but praise

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I have the wild horses twin sticks (don't know who makes them). I like them very much. Cutting the shift rail flags was the hardest thing and that was not too bad.

croft75

ordered my JB twin sticks last tuesday can't wait. ( held up at border like usual)