• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

twin sticks

bobtail

Loc.
high in the desert
is the up grade to twin sticks difficult? any special tools needed? who did you order parts from? were instructions included? was it worth it?

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
I have a J shift, and it was fairly easy. I did have the transfer case out though as I was doing other stuff on the Bronco as well. I like having the twin sticks. I have a Detroit locker in the back and on ice it is an experience, with the twin sticks, I run my bronco in front wheel drive when on icy city streets.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
is the up grade to twin sticks difficult? any special tools needed? who did you order parts from? were instructions included? was it worth it?

Google JB Fab. He manufactures the twin stick setups for some of our vendors. Why not go to the expert? He would also be the one to ask about your particular application.

Last edited by a moderator:

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Call Jon at JB Fab. 503.932.6978.

He has custom applications for every year of a classic Bronco and also has custom applications that work with different transmission or transfer case upgrades that you may have performed.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
I'm quite happy with my JB Fab twin sticks. You can go that route without going " true twin sticks" - you can't use just front or just rear but 2 shifters makes shifting the TC much easier . An added bonus for me is i frequently use 2 lo by just shoving 1 lever forward. I believe " true twin sticks" with a J shift is fairly easy ; a T Shift is more complicated but JB sells tbe modified shift rails for that.

Rocko1012

Just received and installed JB twin stick from Jeff's BroncoGraveyard. Priced great. Installs easily, I do have a floor shift cover that made it easy to get to.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
JB Fab...ride or die, lol. Nice stuff at good prices and he's super knowledgeable if you have some custom application or needs.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I believe my 20 year old stainless steel TBP twin sticks are by JB Fab.

Twin sticks are really cool and super easy install on a J-shift.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I used the duff unit because it was period correct and matched my trans shifter. Lol but it works flawlessly!!!! Much better than the old j shift that got hung up all the time

THERE IS A PIC IN MY GARAGE
{-----

Last edited:

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
This has turned into a JB Fab advertisement! Which I fully endorse!

But to answer some of the OP's other questions,

Was it easy? Yes and no. The J shift is pretty easy but I think you have T shift, correct? The T shift is more complicated if you want to be able to shift front and rear independently. This requires some internal TC work. If you don't need the front and rear to operate independently then twin sticking a T shift is easy. Are you expecting to be doing front digs on the trail?? If not, you probably don't need fully independent operation. My 72 has JB Fab twin sticks on a T-shift case with no internal mods. It make shifting the TC much easier and glancing down I know what range I'm in. This is not a trail rig or a Bronco I take on the trails very often but I still really like the twin sticks.

Special tools? I only needed a 3" cutoff wheel to cut the access hole in the tranny tunnel. One other thing, my body mounts were collapsed and I did not have room to install the twin stick linkage. So I added the WH 1" body lift. This made it very easy but if your body mounts are good you should not have any fitment issues.

Is it worth it? Twin sticks are a relatively inexpensive mod, so yes, to me, well worth it.

My trail rig has a J shift which is set up to shift independently which I use on the trail.

Attachments

• tqeRgwAnRwKlWnYsEzEz4w.jpg
    tqeRgwAnRwKlWnYsEzEz4w.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Any other questions, please feel free to contact us directly?

Jon