• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

u15 roadster?

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Up for auction is a very rare U vin code1968 Bronco Roadster survivor. This was a one family owned and garage kept for the last 45 years. The 1968 was the last year for the 289 straight six engine which this one has and is in original nice running condition. The bronco has 143k miles and has the manual 3 speed on the column. The 68 also was the 1st year for the locking front hubs which is a nice option if you go off road. As you can see in the pictures this bronco has very very minimal rust (only small surface) and has not been cut up for messed with any any form. The paint in all orginal and has a nice shine and interior is in nice shape as well. I have the orginal owners manual and alot of paper work over the years for the bronco to go along with it. There are many bronco's out there that have been completely restored but you will be hard pressed to find another one like this. They are only orginal once and this one is a perfect example of a untouched 1 family owned garaged survivor. Please email with any questions and buyer is responsible for shipping. I also have the Bronco listed locally so I reserve the right to end the auction at anytime. Thanks and happy bidding!

If you are confused, you are not alone. As far as I am aware all of the 66-77 were the "very rare U vin" and a 15 is a wagon as far as I am aware. Also, I have never personally seen a 289 straight 6, nor do I believe that 68 was the first year for locking hubs. My suspicion is that he is not a Ford guy, just a guess.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"U" Vin code? Last year of the 289 I6? U15 Roadster? Lots of false info on this one. Hmmm? He's either misinformed or it's a Scam possibly?

Blue71

Broncobowsher

Total hack
He is throwing out buzz words that are wrong.

What he got right...
It is a '68 U15 with a 289 and a 3-speed in a really good survivor condition.

Very good starting price but his reserve is probably not logical. It would be interesting to see what this goes for (or at least where the bidding stops at)

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I contacted the seller earlier and pointed out the "Flaws" in his listing. Told him/her that to help he might want to get the info correct first.

I would assume that it is a dealer who does not know what they have, or are listing for someone else.

Firedog67

Ford never made a 289 straight 6.
In 1967 ford offered manual locking hubs p/n C6TZ-19D520-A for $70.00 a pair

Nice Bronco but the facts are a bit off.

markperry

Bronco Guru
Their are too many things in that shop that would indicate the guy should know the difference between a straight six and a V8.....I'm thinking scam or he had someone else post it on Ebay that didn't know scwat about Bronco's.....but it is very nice!

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks to me like a lot of buzz words to hype the sale. All in all looks legit! Just has his facts messed up. Nice looking rig and a survivor too!

By the way, U13 roadsters could have come with hardtops. You could order all three models with any option available! Anything to sell a bronco!!

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
289 V8
3 speed in column
This bronco has always been garage kept. Its been in one family until I bought it. Everything works from the wipers to the 4x4. This BRONCO has been well taking care of
Vin u15nld20247. 092-e u150198c18

Make offer I have turned down. $13200.

Well I can guess his reserve is above 13,200...

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Owner contacted me back and said someone else listed Bronco for him on eBay.

Good looking 68.

Firedog67

We did our job! Haha
Posting has been changed to reflect the correct info now.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's a good sign at least. Glad you made the effort to contact them.

Thanks

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, looks kinda' like it was originally a White truck who's paint had seen better days, and someone painted it the light Blue years ago.

Paul