• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ultimate trail necessities must have list?

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Left my tire chains home once on a hunting trip. Had an early snow. Had to ride my Trail 90 to buy a set at an astronomical price. 30 miles through the snow. Flopped 6 times. At least I had extra transportation. Now I won't go up without them after Labor Day!

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
This is what I carry with me every day
In the box is, oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid, anti seaze, Carb Cleaner, WD 40, wire, Electrical tape, duct tape, spare dist cap/rotor, RTV, Dialectric grease, rubber gloves, set of spark plugs, Carb gaskets, some fuel line, tie wraps, and wheel bearing grease.

The other box has a cheep timing light and a set of spark plug wires, and some gasket matierial.

The bag has at least 15 lbs of tools, you can see a spare belt, upper radiator hose, got to get a spare lower hose,(had one, but used it a while back)

I also have my High lift jack, a 4 way lug wrench, and in my concole/glove box, I have wire conectors, multi meter, light bulbs, and a few other odds and ends.

It was good that I have all this stuff with me, I blew a lower radiator hose a few months back, and a few weeks ago I sucked something into my carb and had to pull it appart a hour from home. Both times I was able to fix it on the road and make it back home.

The Joys of owning a 30 something old vehicals

Attachments

• tools.JPG
    tools.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 45

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Holy crap I carry like 30 times the amount of junk that you guys do.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I think the more important thing to remember is to keep your rig in good mechanical condition, BEFORE you leave home! If you don't know the condition of a part or know/suspect it will likely fail, replace it, rebuild it, lube it... All of these lists are good, and it is still important to keep tools and extra lube/parts with you...

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Pull another fully operational Bronco behind you. If you break down, jump in the other and keep going!