• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

UPS, why do you destroy so much stuff

IowaMike

Bronco Guru
The losses are not covered by taxes tho. And what they say are "losses" are really projected revenues that were not met. The way I see it, you can't "lose" what you didn't have. And yes I work for the USPS.

grabbermach

I for one can say that I have always had good service from my UPS driver, though I am irritated by the " ring and run" delivery sometimes. Damages have always been attributed to bad packing by the sender (usually some seller on e-bay) and not mishandling by the shipper.

I do have one funny story about a UPS claim though. I used to live on a very busy 2 lane highway in a small town, and I was really into mustangs so I was always getting boxes from the big mustang warehouses. My UPS driver would usually leave me a note on the front door and then put the package around the side of the house. Well one day it was raining so he decided to lift the cover on a parts car I had parked beside the house and stick it inside the car to keep it dry. If he left a note it must have blown away, so after waiting and stewing about it I contact the supplier, who contacts the shipper, who determines that the package must have been stolen, so I get a new shipment with apologies from both the vendor and the UPS guy. Now flash forward about 3 months, spring has arrived and I need to mow the grass. Lift the cover on the parts car and what do I find, you guessed it, the missing box. I called the vendor and explained what had happened, they said they didn't want the box back because UPS had already reimbursed them, talked to UPS they said just keep it. So hurray for me. After that I always checked the parts car, behind the bushes, etc when I was expecting a package. Have not "lost" once since.

crankman

I guess i have been blessed with good UPS delivery men, my guy will hide my boxes for me out of site from the street when im not home. Never had a problem knock on wood now.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
A large part of my Family works for UPS, and I ship Fedex.... (Only because its closer to my house)
Really, all shipping companies are the same, if one broke / lost something of yours, and you switch, its only a matter of time. Like everyone else said, its a volume thing. They deliver around 5,000 packages in my city each day, if one get dammanged those are really good odds. If that one is your package, then you are very lucky :d.
Yes, a lot of claims are rejected do to packaging. I would guess that 80-90% of items shipped to not meet the packaging standards. If you really care, go to a UPS STORE, and pay the fee to have them package it.

Most UPS drivers are in this for the long haul, and keep the same routes, so make sure to get to know them.

OP
OP
phred

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
overall I have had good service from ups and usually ship with them. The 2 things that have been ruined have of course been fragile. the radiator and a fender. Both looked like they had parked a truck on them. Granted the packages are a bit cumbersome but not heavy at all.
I would have really liked to have seen the ups guy that delivered the custom bumper I had Gordon Bailie build for me. Holy crap that thing weighs like 90 lbs. I think they tried to damage that one but no luck. he he hehehehe!

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I've generally been pleased with both Fed Ex & UPS. Did have a UPS delivered guitar get stolen from my porch, but everything gotten taken care of quickly & easily (it helped that an invalid neighbor watched the driver deliver it, then saw a kid run up & snatch it, so she called the cops then me). As for Bronco parts, everything I've ordered has been well packed and arrived just fine....knock on wood that it continues!