• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Valve cover issues (EFI & Roller Rockers)

Nightstick

Bronco guy
A little while ago I got a set of sweet Ford Racing valve covers. Went to throw them on the motor only to find they don't fit (too short for the roller rockers). I returned them to Summit and ordered a set of the Bronco script valve covers from BCB after being assured they would work with rollers and EFI.

Well, I got the script covers today, and they are still too short. They seem to wanna work, but the baffle (or whatever the thing is called under the holes) contacts the rocker. Even without the baffle thingy they might only clear the nuts by 1/8" on a good day, and I'm just guessing it's that much since I can't see it.

For those of you running full rollers and GT40 plenums what valve covers are you using? I'd like something similar to what I had/have, pics please.

Attachments

• BroncoScriptcovers.jpg
    BroncoScriptcovers.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 33
  • FRPPcovers.jpg
    FRPPcovers.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 29

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Felpro 1645 valve cover gaskets are 5/16" thick, about double the thickness of most.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
If you are not going to return these valve covers, I would be interested in them if the price is right and they would fit a 302. Cost and shiiping to 44410, Please!

Thanks, Pops

OP
OP
Nightstick

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Felpro 1645 valve cover gaskets are 5/16" thick, about double the thickness of most.

Hmm, that might just do the trick. I'm not sure which ones I have at the moment but I'll look into it. Thanks again.

Pops, as much as I'd like to help you out, it doesn't make much sense for me to sell something for less than I paid for it since I can return it. Nice try though ;D

barronj

Bronco Guru
What heads are you running?

EDIT- didn't see your image of the ford racing valve covers. sorry,

I run the stock valve cover from the 87-93 mustang w/ aftermarket heads & roller rockers, baffle removed, no grinding.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nightstick

Nightstick

Bronco guy
I'm pretty sure that's what I'm gonna have to do, as long as the gasket helps. Thanks

cafirefhtr

I'm in the same situation and have tried several covers with no luck. I'm stuck with what the P/O did which works, and that's the tall steel chrome covers with the D/S breather hole welded up and the P/S left open for the oil fill, which puts the oil fill to the rear. You need to watch how tall you go or you hit the plenum and have to remove the plenum to remove the valve cover anyway. Let me know how the thicker gaskets work. You will still need to remove the baffle or smash it down some.

AZ69EB

2X what Viperwolf1 said.

Fel-Pro 1645 valve cover gasket.

I had same problem with mine.

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
I took out the baffle and ground down the boss that the screw went into in the aluminum. I have the ford racing 'cobra' covers, which are basically the same you have there...

Eric

blwngsket

Loc.
Novato

I run the stock valve cover from the 87-93 mustang w/ aftermarket heads & roller rockers, baffle removed, no grinding.

Same here.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer

I used the same valve covers, AFR165 heads and motorsports 1.6 roller rockers. I did not have to remove the baffle with the felpro gaskets. I did have to grind a little on the inside corners.