• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

VIN# info needed

Mike Hall

Loc.
Albany
I purchased a 66 Bronco a few months back and i have been unable to locate the vin on the body. The door has a VIN tag but it cant be factory from the way it looks. The glove box does not have a VIN tag and the kick panels have been cut for speakers so there is no VIN there. I got the Title with the bronco but im a little uneasy about there not being a VIN tag on the body it self. To make me feel better where could i find the VIN on the frame? Also is there a company that makes original type VIN plates for broncos?

Mike

Last edited:

mrbronco

Loc.
Lufkin,TX.
On the frame it's on the pass side.Raise the hood stand on pass side and look down to where the body would meet the frame if it kept going.It's going to hard to see even if it's cleaned up.The 69 i just bought was in kind of the same situation as yours.It was an out of state title so i had to have a state trooper come out and verify the VIN.I had the original tag but it had been removed so i cleaned up the frame VIN real good.After he got out here he was so interested in my trucks he didn't even bother to look at the frame.Turned out he had a 74 at one time so we talked about broncos he signed my papers and he left.But like i said it's going to be hard to read no matter what.But it can be.

OP
OP
M

Mike Hall

Loc.
Albany
Thanks for the info. Lucky me i had the passenger side floor out to weld in a new one so it was easy to see the VIN on the frame. I can rest easy now that the frame VIN matches the Title. Now i need to get a new plate. Where on a 66 should the VIN plate be?

Mike

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mike,

Glad it all matched up. The VIN plate on a '66 was mounted on the drivers side kick panel to the left of the parking brake.

Blue71