• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

!!! Warning !!! Craigslist Bronco Scammer

Guyver

I saw a great looking Bronco on Craigslist here in California going for $4,300.00. I thought I had hit the motherlode and sent the guy an e-mail. Three days later he hadn't responded and I figured it was gone already. Then I received the reply listed below. I sent back an e-mail asking if I could just come pay for the Bronco and drive it home and I received the same thing again. Pass this along. It is a metallic gray Bronco with "removable" graphics on the side.

The e-mail was from Chris Eckman [backp.agex1@yahoo.com]

Hi
Sorry for the delay .Thank you for inquiring about my 1977 Ford Bronco Sport. The price is
$ 4300 shipping included.
About the vehicle: it is in immaculate condition and hasn't been involved in any accidents. The engine runs very well. The Bronco was very well taken care of. It is in great condition. The vehicle has an clear title;rust free.
The delivery will take approx 3 working days (with insurance and 15 days return policy).
ALSO ABOUT PAYMENT AND SHIPPING I WILL USE ONLY EBAY SO WE CAN BOTH BE PROTECTED!I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for you to be 100% protected. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the vehicle. ONLY AFTER you receive the Bronco and you inspect it(for 15 days) eBay will release the payment to me; in this way we are both protected.
If we reach an agreement, I am willing to take care of the shipping to your address.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO E-MAIL ME YOUR COMPLETE NAME AND SHIPPING ADDRESS AND AFTER THAT EBAY WILL CONTACT YOU WITH MORE INFO REGARDING SHIPPING AND PAYMENT!
If you agree with my above terms, I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible. I have reserved the Bronco for you until I will have your final answer.
Thank you,
Chris Eckman

Here is a photo album of the bronco:
http://www.pixagogo.com/4600174112

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
yes, I seen it also here in Syracuse. There was also another one for a very,very nice classic vw for about the same ($4000)
3 days later I get this song and dance about this and that.....shipping co and delivery BS.......

KuttySark

Loc.
Southern California
My great grandfather dug himself out of his coffin, crawled across the country, came into my house, crawled past my desk, looked up, saw the computer, and said "Hey, it's that Craigslist Ad again."

It's old.

sean lalley

Loc.
biloxi
man i just sent him the money are you telling me that i am not going to get the bronco shiped to my door
wow that sucks
lol

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I'm still waiting to test drive it....

Looks like a "cut and paste" reply.

Here is the e-mail...

Hi
Sorry for the delay .Thank you for inquiring about my 1977 Ford Bronco Sport. The price is
$ 4300 shipping included.
About the vehicle: it is in immaculate condition and hasn't been involved in any accidents. The engine runs very well. The Bronco was very well taken care of. It is in great condition. The vehicle has an clear title;rust free.
The delivery will take approx 3 working days (with insurance and 15 days return policy).
ALSO ABOUT PAYMENT AND SHIPPING I WILL USE ONLY EBAY SO WE CAN BOTH BE PROTECTED!I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for you to be 100% protected. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the vehicle. ONLY AFTER you receive the Bronco and you inspect it(for 15 days) eBay will release the payment to me; in this way we are both protected.
If we reach an agreement, I am willing to take care of the shipping to your address.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO E-MAIL ME YOUR COMPLETE NAME AND SHIPPING ADDRESS AND AFTER THAT EBAY WILL CONTACT YOU WITH MORE INFO REGARDING SHIPPING AND PAYMENT!
If you agree with my above terms, I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible. I have reserved the Bronco for you until I will have your final answer.
Thank you,
Chris Eckman

Minion

Loc.
Twin Cities
I saw it in ND's Craigslist about 10 days ago, then on MN's and SD's as well. It did not last long on MN's CL though. Does anyone know how to tell CL that this is a scam? CL has a flag for spam, but no scam that I could find.

KuttySark

Loc.
Southern California
I saw it in ND's Craigslist about 10 days ago, then on MN's and SD's as well. It did not last long on MN's CL though. Does anyone know how to tell CL that this is a scam? CL has a flag for spam, but no scam that I could find.

Mark as PROHIBITED.

Hit REFRESH. You can either hit the F5 key or find the little REFRESH icon at the top of your browser (icon varies by browser).

Then mark as SPAM / OVERPOST

Eventually they go away.

Go pop a beer, you've done good work.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Got this email from the seller today..........

The Bronco is in Oregon and as I said I can ship it to your place
Thanks
Chris

Maybe our Oregon brothers can check it out for us....

goneballistic

Loc.
Washington, MO
Hey SuperDave. I was messing with this guy for a week or so. I used 2 different emails and got 2 different stories of where he was located. Hes says hes in the military. In Oregan and also in Maine. Cant come look at it. And it is only saved for me. NOT noone else! LOL I got bored, so I stopped emailing him. I also turned him into Ebay and sent them the emails. Hopefully they catch this guy.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Catch him? He is sitting in indoneisia(sp?) somewhere sipping on a beer in front of his computer waiting for dumb people to send money to a false E-bay e-mail account that sucks the money directly to him. This is a scam, scam, scam.

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I had him down to 1/2 now and 1/2 when it's delivered.. I was going to see how for he would go but I got bored..

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
About all you can do is mess with them. Set up an email address and send him bogus info. I use the name Ben Wackenhov with the street address and phone number of a police station. Ask him if he'll accepted a moneygram and give him a bogus reference number.

Here is a funny story about someone else screwing with a scammer: http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/119838685.html

It at least lets them know that Americans are not all stupid and gullible.

Last edited: