• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

!!! Warning !!! Craigslist Bronco Scammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guyver

I saw a great looking Bronco on Craigslist here in California going for $4,300.00. I thought I had hit the motherlode and sent the guy an e-mail. Three days later he hadn't responded and I figured it was gone already. Then I received the reply listed below. I sent back an e-mail asking if I could just come pay for the Bronco and drive it home and I received the same thing again. Pass this along. It is a metallic gray Bronco with "removable" graphics on the side.

The e-mail was from Chris Eckman [backp.agex1@yahoo.com]

Hi
Sorry for the delay .Thank you for inquiring about my 1977 Ford Bronco Sport. The price is
$ 4300 shipping included.
About the vehicle: it is in immaculate condition and hasn't been involved in any accidents. The engine runs very well. The Bronco was very well taken care of. It is in great condition. The vehicle has an clear title;rust free.
The delivery will take approx 3 working days (with insurance and 15 days return policy).
ALSO ABOUT PAYMENT AND SHIPPING I WILL USE ONLY EBAY SO WE CAN BOTH BE PROTECTED!I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for you to be 100% protected. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the vehicle. ONLY AFTER you receive the Bronco and you inspect it(for 15 days) eBay will release the payment to me; in this way we are both protected.
If we reach an agreement, I am willing to take care of the shipping to your address.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO E-MAIL ME YOUR COMPLETE NAME AND SHIPPING ADDRESS AND AFTER THAT EBAY WILL CONTACT YOU WITH MORE INFO REGARDING SHIPPING AND PAYMENT!
If you agree with my above terms, I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible. I have reserved the Bronco for you until I will have your final answer.
Thank you,
Chris Eckman

Here is a photo album of the bronco:
http://www.pixagogo.com/4600174112

PotterFX4

Loc.
Parma, OH
That is listed on Craigslist around Ohio/Indiana/Michigan/West Virginia as well. I send an e-mail in on Saturday and he just responded with the same e-mail today.

Beware....if its too good to be true it is...

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
I have been flagging the hell out of it on over 10 craigslists on the east coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.