• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Were there special order colours for EB's?

bosox13

Im trying to decode my 69'...

Colour code is "H" in the 69 resources I found there is no H colour... Chrome yellow is Above it, which is close to what it is now..,.

Im pretty sure it is Bold Orange. The truck appears to be stock colour right now.... Engine bay, insides of doors, top of window frame is all Bold orange.

But..... Code H is for Sahara Beige in '66...

And the inside of the glove box... you guessed it. Beige.

Thoughts? I am superstitious like that and want to paint it what it was originally. I have ordered the basic Marti report to see what they say, but thought I would reach out to you guys!

Anyone seen a phantom paint colour code before?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Interesting conundrum. Bold Orange is a '74-only color (code 5).

H is Sahara Beige for '66 and H is Cordova Copper/Medium Copper for '69.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
B

bosox13

Right?! Hoping the Marti report comes back with something...

The fact that the tub is painted what appears to be factory... ( I took off the wiper cover and there was a old booklet from 1970 in there) is curious.

What does it mean when a paint code is stamped but not offered for that year lol

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac

The fact that the tub is painted what appears to be factory... ( I took off the wiper cover and there was a old booklet from 1970 in there) is curious.

What does it mean when a paint code is stamped but not offered for that year lol
This is a common thing with color charts. They often are missing a color option or two, and in some cases more than that.

Todd is spot on, H is Cordova in 69. Its an Orange/Copper looking color that was only offered in 69.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Might make a difference when the truck was actually built like a late 66 which is a 67 model. the best way to check paint is the sales brochure which actually uses the Ford name for the color. paint chips from paint manufactures scramble everything up using their own numbers and names.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Take the inside panel off the door and see what the inside over spray looks like. most dashes were painted off white including the glove box door except the extra colors my 1974 explorer was medium blue metallic including the dash.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

If it were truly a special order color, the color code would be left blank on the warranty tag on the glove box door, and the marti report won't list the color either. It will just say "Special Paint".

chuckji

Contributor
Loc.
SE Michigan
Heres some of the original Cordova.

Attachments

• 79174C5C-5913-4D07-9F80-14E9DAD47690.jpeg
    79174C5C-5913-4D07-9F80-14E9DAD47690.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 31

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
A bit confused (naturally) you state your Bronco is a '69, BUT you bring up the beige color on a '66 - WHY??? I get that you said the inner glove box is beige, so.......is it possible your body has been swapped out at some point and is not a '69 after all???

Have you matched the frame VIN # to your title??

Why do you think the Bronco is a '69 - title? warranty tag? location of said tag?

Just thinking 'outside the box' compared to the other suggestions offered, as body swaps seem all too common on these rigs.

House

Minutia Militia
The inside paint of all our glovebox doors should be “beige” (Parchment) unless you have a Ranger…

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
If it were truly a special order color, the color code would be left blank on the warranty tag on the glove box door, and the marti report won't list the color either. It will just say "Special Paint".

just ask the VIN man :D

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
This discussion has been brought up many times in the past and my consensus is that you will not have a color code on the glove box tag and you could conceivably have any current color in the ford truck line at the time of order. It was possible if the dealer would step up to the plate. Broncos had a lot of color options so it probably wasn't the path taken very often.