• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH twin stick shifter gets loose

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
I'm not on the road yet but got my twin stick installed on the AA adapter for a Dana 20 T case. When installed it is nice and tight. After just a few shifts thru the gears it gets just a little loose. The allen bolt that attached just doesn't want to stay completely snug. Im afraid to put to much force on it and strip the threads since the AA adapter is aluminum. I even used blue loctite on install. Anyone have similar issue?

66WarPony

I'm not on the road yet but got my twin stick installed on the AA adapter for a Dana 20 T case. When installed it is nice and tight. After just a few shifts thru the gears it gets just a little loose. The allen bolt that attached just doesn't want to stay completely snug. Im afraid to put to much force on it and strip the threads since the AA adapter is aluminum. I even used blue loctite on install. Anyone have similar issue?

Maybe you should try a washer, lock washer, Red Loctite, and proper cure time. Does the bolt screw into the adapter, or pass through? If it screws in, I'd drill and tap that sucker all the way through, use a lag bolt, washers, and crimp-nut. Problem solved.

TAC71

Contributor
Blue Loctite should do it...but the threads must be clean , no oil or dirt on both threads.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've run into this before. The cure was usually simple, and the problem in one case was a result (if I remember) of a wrong part (wrong length bolt maybe?) and the other was a slightly incorrect install.

You might PM JBFab here as John's the ultimate source of info on such things usually. He got the customer's squared away pretty quick when I ran across this before.

Hopefully yours is a similar issue and a similar quick fix.

Good luck.

Paul