• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What color should I paint the dashboard?

NickG

Loc.
Pasadena,CA
Hello everyone I am new to this. Me and my grandfather have been restoring a 1969 Ford Bronco Sport and we have a question. We are trying to decide if we should paint the dashboard. We were thinking either the same color as the body which is going to be blue, or paint the dashboard the same color as the seats which is going to be parchment. Please send any tips and/or any suggestions. Thanks!

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Whatever color that you go with, the Low Gloss part is crucial. Nothing worse than a glossy dash that reflects light into your eyes or onto the windshield.

I'm partial to the creamy whites for dashes myself, so Parchment sounds good to me, too.

OP
OP
NickG

NickG

Loc.
Pasadena,CA
Whatever color that you go with, the Low Gloss part is crucial. Nothing worse than a glossy dash that reflects light into your eyes or onto the windshield.

I'm partial to the creamy whites for dashes myself, so Parchment sounds good to me, too.
Thank you so much. That helps a lot!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Kind of what they said.
Most were that color, but some did leave the factory with different body colors and such. I like them too, and wouldn’t hesitate to do either one that I wanted on a particular Bronco.
Meaning that ultimately the decision is up to you. Nothing wrong with either way, but white/parchment will probably get the most votes.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mine is a mutt so I did my own thing.
Silver grille center, silver top, silver door panels and silver dash.
It's yours, do what you want.

Vincen

I painted mine gray to match my interior. This is the first time the dash has been any other than white.