• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What do you do for a living to pay for your Bronco Addiction

BRONCO26

Loc.
SENOIA
I own a auto repair shop south of Atlanta in Fayetteville. I have owned it for 13 yrs and started it by myself. If any of the Atlanta bronco owners or other owners need anything or help just let me know.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Bax,
I am always interested in what type of comment you have, it seems to be funny everytime. Never met you, but I feel like I do since I have read so many of your post. I guess you and Rev are in the same boat somehow and he is a pretty good old FLorida boy. I have bought many Matco tools over the years so it is good to know who the "Tool Guy" really is now! LOL;D

Yeah I was forced to get a different job. I never quit construction. It quit me. With the total collapse of carpentry / construction jobs in fla, and a few knee and shoulder issues I now find myself selling tools to mechanics. it's a 12 hour a day job but it's all good. yep I'm the tool guy. Tool of the week is a 12v lithium powered, 1/4'' impact with 230 ft pounds of torque, Lighted nose, serviceable brushes, 15min charger, battery and carrying case. Only 254.95 only got 3 left, there going like hot cakes. can I put you down for one? Sorry I just say that stuff in my sleep now a days. Tool guys are not as funny as old carpenters. I now need someone to finish a bronco for me? That's true too, WTF?

wdbowers

Loc.
Ada, Ok
well Bax the tool guy we need some donations for OCBR for prizes or are you going to let a Snap-On driver that does not own a Bronco out do you.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
I was a carpenter since out of high school. Did plumbing, concrete, framing, trim, etc. Anything to do with building a house i have done it. Since the new housing market died here a few years ago i really havent worked much at all. I ended up desolving my business this tax time. I havent work a steady job for 2 years. But even my best year of work i only made 50 grand and 12 grand was spent on fuel and another 6 grand spent on truck and trailer maintance. And then add up insurance costs, tools, work comp, etc and i never made shit that year. In fact last year i made maybe 12 grand.

I dont live high on the hog and never will, but im ok with that because i dont work that much. When i do work, i work HARD, and i do the best job possible! Im been looking for a job and have started telling people that i will work twice as hard as the next applicant and for half as much money! That dont work either!

Lately i have been spending every dime on my bronco. I should have taken my money and went on vacation and done some other things like fix my two crowns that came out of my mouth, but the bronco needed to be put together or thrown away!

I do get jelous of alot of guys on here because i know they make more money this year than i will make in the next 10 years! But oh well, im happy with nothing....I got a ausome girl friend, good health, and a SWEET BRONCO!

sgtdcoulter

Loc.
Peachtree City Ga.
Yeah I was forced to get a different job. I never quit construction. It quit me. With the total collapse of carpentry / construction jobs in fla, and a few knee and shoulder issues I now find myself selling tools to mechanics. it's a 12 hour a day job but it's all good. yep I'm the tool guy. Tool of the week is a 12v lithium powered, 1/4'' impact with 230 ft pounds of torque, Lighted nose, serviceable brushes, 15min charger, battery and carrying case. Only 254.95 only got 3 left, there going like hot cakes. can I put you down for one? Sorry I just say that stuff in my sleep now a days. Tool guys are not as funny as old carpenters. I now need someone to finish a bronco for me? That's true too, WTF?

Naw, Sweetie would strangle me if I bought anymore. Besides when in management now it is kinda fruitless. I have been watering at the mouth for the rechargeable 1/2inch drive impact. I could use this on the trails and changing tires when I cut them on the rocks. Seems I have a habit of doing that.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I do get jelous of alot of guys on here because i know they make more money this year than i will make in the next 10 years! But oh well, im happy with nothing....I got a ausome girl friend, good health, and a SWEET BRONCO!

Go with it. It's your path to make..you take it. Sounds OK to me.;)

KBUCK1

I own a property preservation company. We clean out foreclosed homes, mostly HUD and Fannie Mae homes and maintain the lawns and do inspections until they are sold.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I'm the Marketing Director for Poison Spyder Customs. When I was first building my Bronco I was a Brand Marketing Manager for a major RV manufacturer. Had lots of money to spend on it. Then I decided to follow my dream and get into the Bronco business, so I bought in as a partner in WCB. Worst thing that ever happened to my Bronco hobby. I starved and my Broncos were neglected. After a few years of that I got smart and moved into an industry where the customers are more plentiful and more easily parted from their money: Jeeps LOL.

Tomdee

Loc.
Staten Island
Retired Automotive Mechanic from the City of New York worked on mostly construction and farm equiptment,26 years-- before that a Oldsmobile auto tech.for 16 years

StrongTower

Full time student. I do odd jobs here and there to pay for this woeful addiction :p. Going off to University next we will see where that leads me..

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm a political common tater. Beats working for a living.

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
Hey that's great. I'm a Physical Therapist, mostly all office work now though. Rehab Manager for a large non-profit Home healthcare agency.

Paul

That's cool. I work primarily in the assisted living/ skilled nursing setting but truly love working in the outpatient clinics.