• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What do you do for a living to pay for your Bronco Addiction

bax

Contributor
Old Member
For real. I am the tool guy.

Attachments

• IMG_3238.jpg
    IMG_3238.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 69

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Did you by chance used to do the warranties for Phillips Ford in Big Rapids MI a few years ago? If so I have spoken to you a few times. I was a tech there until August of 2009. If I knew you were a Bronco guy we would have spoken much more!;D

I did do the claims at Phillips Ford (they still owe me money). I did not have a bronco at that time. What dealership are you at now? You probably need a new warranty person there to help you techs make some more money:).

Henry

LOVNBRONCOS

Loc.
Tucson, Az
I work for a Detention Equipment Contractor supplying prison doors, frames, locks and steel fabricated furniture. Senior Project Mgr and Fabrication Mgr. Some of you have probley slept on one of our very soft metal bunks LOL. Our motto is Thousands Stand Behind our Products. The shop comes in real handy when I need something made for the bronco.

jms5580

Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Registered nurse! And most likely one of the younger members of this crowd. I picked the job because it pays the bills, but I'll never pass up an opportunity to get my hands dirty.

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I get paid to watch TV ...;D

No really I'm a video production engineer for WXYZ - ABC news in Detroit. I also have to push some buttons & talk to reporters & cameramen & producers & edit & do stuff with satellites & man I'm getting tired just thinking of all the stuff I gotta do:) Guess I should take a day off & work on the Bronco!!!;D
When I do freelance gigs I spend that on the Bronco or one of my other hobbies.

Adarcy

I get paid to watch TV ...;D

No really I'm a video production engineer for WXYZ - ABC news in Detroit. I also have to push some buttons & talk to reporters & cameramen & producers & edit & do stuff with satellites & man I'm getting tired just thinking of all the stuff I gotta do:) Guess I should take a day off & work on the Bronco!!!;D
When I do freelance gigs I spend that on the Bronco or one of my other hobbies.

That is certainly one of the more brutal jobs in our industry. Not so much for keeping the gear up and running, but for having to deal with the newsroom staff!!! (I used to design newsrooms and master control rooms- gave me grey hair at a young age).

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I'm a towboat pilot on the Ohio river. See broncos all the time up and down the river but can never find them when I go back to look for them. Lol

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
(I used to design newsrooms and master control rooms- gave me grey hair at a young age).

Yup! what hair I have left is turning grey but I blame my kids for that;) I do get an adrenalin rush doing live TV & I love that I leave work at work & never take it home.

jasonb

Loc.
Howard City, MI
I did do the claims at Phillips Ford (they still owe me money). I did not have a bronco at that time. What dealership are you at now? You probably need a new warranty person there to help you techs make some more money:).

Henry

It does not surprise me that they screwed you. Jeff screwed alot of people over when they closed. I'm glad I got out of there before the sinking ship hit the bottom! I now work at Ed Koehn Ford/Lincoln in Greenville. And I could use all the help with warrany pay that I can. The vehicles continue to get more complex while the warranty times to repair Fords mistakes seem to get smaller and smaller! :)
Jeff is or was part of the Maxton Automotive group in northern Ohio and Indiana. Maybe you could track him down?

sgtdcoulter

Loc.
Peachtree City Ga.
For real. I am the tool guy.

Bax,
I am always interested in what type of comment you have, it seems to be funny everytime. Never met you, but I feel like I do since I have read so many of your post. I guess you and Rev are in the same boat somehow and he is a pretty good old FLorida boy. I have bought many Matco tools over the years so it is good to know who the "Tool Guy" really is now! LOL;D

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
Been in the electrical field for about 16 years now (which is saying something since I'm only 29). Got started out early by my dad. I'm currently running the service department of a multi-million dollar a year company in Fort Walton Beach. Theyve got me running like a chicken with my head cut off!!

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
Self employed plumbing contractor.going on 20years. Mostly custom homes and small commercial stuff.never advertised,all word of mouth.tough gig out here in SoCal. Everyone and there brother decided to go into plumbing when the economy took a dive. Funny seeing these office types trying to do some of this stuff not having a clue when it doesn't work out by the book.:p

Edger6

Loc.
Hampton,
Im the cable guy. I have more vechicals then I can drive and non ofmine are a dds. My dd is a e150 van that all I have to do is drive it. I have put gas in it but not I dont pay for it. They take care of all the maintance also. Wife is an x ray tech. She drives het 08 gli about 5 miles two and from work.

I also pick up scrap for that extra little bit of cash. Or "what ever other work may come my way"

u all get a point if u know where that came from.