• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What do you do for a living to pay for your Bronco Addiction

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
8 years at a moulding mill. Then spent the last 28 years in adult day care at Folsom Prison. .

Lhofkamp

Loc.
Santa Monica
Exotic car rental and I broker power yachts. Sometimes I rent houses sometimes I lease airplane hangers. Whatever pays the bills!

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... Don't know if I answered ,this in the past but if i did it was years ago..so
I had a parts store from 1967 up until 1995 . Then the bunch I was hooked up with went bankrupt . I didn't but got my store closed .. So I hauled cattle for 2 years . Then went to work as a P.R. rep for about 6 years until 911 happened. Then worked as a Chrysler service adviser for several years. Good money but I hated it..
... Now I'M an outside salesman & a delivery boy at 66.
.. I had 3 rent houses at one time . But we have one now.
.. I also have a 150 ac farm an a couple of lease places.
.. And back in the 80 & 90 I bailed hay after work in may spare time . & Coached little league & Mickey Mantel & Pony League for 9 years.
... Now I'm trying to get every thing on the farm fixed up .. so We can retire.at 70.
.. I want all new metal corners on all my fences. Shop building solid.
.. & Mine & MiMi's House with a metal roof . Windows replaced with storm windows & Wood work painted.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Kickdog for my boss this week, building Machine tool cutter grinders, in a nutshell, we build the machines that make drill bits, and end mills, and any sort of cutting tool there is.

Also work for a dock company hauling and storing boats,

Work on my parents maple syrup farm

Trying to get our personal mini farm up and running

Lastly lots of odd jobs, form welding, running a sawmill, woodworking/ furniture building....

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I install systems to Decontaminate the soil and water around leaky underground gasoline tanks

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
We do that too.....PSI.

Been with Tetra for several years but a competitor just snagged all the UST people from our office , Tetra has 270 offices in the U.S.
About 18 months ago the corporate geniuses hired a new manager for our office , without bothering to get rid of the existing office manager who had been doing a good job, our office Had never lost money on a job ever.

Anyhow ,the new guy is an incompetent dishonest micromanaging control freak
So the existing office manager left to work for another company .
Then the new moron laid off a geologist that had worked at our office for 12 years , versatile person who could take soil and water samples , write reports and generate maps and didn't mind using a shovel or running the bobcat, claiming they didn't have enough billable work for that position anymore

Things were slow so we believed that .
Then few weeks later he announces that he is hiring a new person , turns out to be a buddy that worked at the place he left from

The company that the old office manager went to snagged a nice state govt UST contract that our office has worked with for 15 years , and offered our entire dept a job to handle that contract for them.

They didn't have to ask twice , everyone is jumping ship . And the UXO guys are interviewing with the new company also .

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Instant karma.

Haha

Well good luck to you and your Buddies.
Sounds like a bad situation turned good.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Been with Tetra for several years but a competitor just snagged all the UST people from our office , Tetra has 270 offices in the U.S.
About 18 months ago the corporate geniuses hired a new manager for our office , without bothering to get rid of the existing office manager who had been doing a good job, our office Had never lost money on a job ever.

Anyhow ,the new guy is an incompetent dishonest micromanaging control freak
So the existing office manager left to work for another company .
Then the new moron laid off a geologist that had worked at our office for 12 years , versatile person who could take soil and water samples , write reports and generate maps and didn't mind using a shovel or running the bobcat, claiming they didn't have enough billable work for that position anymore

Things were slow so we believed that .
Then few weeks later he announces that he is hiring a new person , turns out to be a buddy that worked at the place he left from

The company that the old office manager went to snagged a nice state govt UST contract that our office has worked with for 15 years , and offered our entire dept a job to handle that contract for them.

They didn't have to ask twice , everyone is jumping ship . And the UXO guys are interviewing with the new company also .

sounds like the ship is sinking....FAST

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Refractory salesman for a small company. We work on furnaces that melt and contain molten metal. Iron, aluminum, steel and heat treat mostly. Some days I'm running a jackhammer and other days I'm quoting new jobs. Will have 20 years in my present position in January '16.

Before that, I worked 4 years in an iron foundry with two of those years as a millwright. And before that I spent four years in the Navy as an Aviation Ordnanceman. Go ORDIES...GO REDSHIRTS!

K4747

I'm a 747-400 Captain, I fly peoples garbage all over the world. Reading Bronco/Snowmobile forums on the road maintains my sanity. I'm currently restoring a 71 Bronco with my son.

Zeheva

1SG in the 82nd ABN....working on making my 71" a HVY Drop for combat..who doesn't want to jump in to combat with their Bronco!