• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What FORD manual MC (disc/disc) has ports on driver sider?

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I love my camper special m/c too - very good pedal feel.

Gray035

Loc.
Encinitas, CA
Didn't all the Camper Specials have power brakes? Are you guys just using the Camper Special MC without the power booster?

Gray035

Loc.
Encinitas, CA
Still wondering about the camper special MCs. Are you guys using the ones that would usually be mounted in front of the vacuum assist? Just without it?

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Sorry I didnt see this

If I had relaized you asked me a question directly I would have answered it. Sorry.

Dual piston caliper means it has disc brakes with two pistons on each caliper.

If you listen to some of the experts my set up shouldn't even work. :)

Be aware that most of the proportioning valves sold form the speciality shops aren't really proportionaing valves they are just adjustable restrictions.

00, is that setup for disc/disc? I can't find it on the parts sites. How would it be listed? Just as a f-250?

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
its funny some people hate the camper special and I am not sure why. It may be that they really dont get one from the parts house, and its almost impossible to tell, as most of them are rebuilt and it would be easy for someone to give them the wrong core and it go unnoticed. I did. :) they got my bronco MC as a core, seems like a chore to keep up with it as a rebuilder. Or they have never driven a manual brake vehicle day in and day out and do not realize how a manual brake pedal should feel. I am alos sure that a lot of people that dont like it either dont get it or the system properly bled.

Growing up in the 70s I never even had power brakes until I put them on my 55 chevy in 1989, and then I only did it so my then 102# wife could stop it. :)

My bronco brakes are the best set of manual brakes I have ever driven, by far. I actually prefer the feel to any power brake system. Manual brakes give you feedback and as long as you have enough power to stop without needing legs like earl campbell I prefer them. Obviously a big high torque engine and ultra low gearing would complicate your life offroad, as would tall tires and trying to stop from high speed. I am curious to see how I "like" my brakes with the new 393 and automatic. :)

Gray035

Loc.
Encinitas, CA
Sorry if I'm beating this to death, but are you saying that you are using the Camper Special MC that would usually be mounted to a power assist in your bronco without power? I am interested in doing this, I just don't want to run into problems using an MC that was meant for power since i plan to stay manual. I guess another way to phrases question is this: can you use a MC meant for power without the power?

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I'm running that M/C that would have a booster without a booster - love the pedal feel. Lots of power and low gears and I can easily stop - the rears grab a bit more than the rear, but that works out as when I front dig it makes it easier - in 4wd you never notice locked front and rear. Hell, you only need one functioning caliper at that point :D

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
sometimes we forget the master clynder and the chevy brakes are designed to stop a 3/4 ton loaded vehicle. Our little broncos should sotp on a dime with these components and properly set up. :)