• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What is it worth

What is it worth

• $2000-$3000

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • $3000-$4000

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • $4000-$5000

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • $5000-$6000

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • $6000-$7000

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • over $7000

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

BoulderBronco

Loc.
Boulder, CO
Without saying much I bought this because I thought it was a great deal and would maybe be able to sell it for more and get another. So what do you think it is worth?
It is a 72 with 104K with ~35K on a 351W. Runs and drives great. Drivetrain is in perfect working order. Everything in the cab works except the speedo. Original seats in good condition. Body is straight with just a few blemishes/dents/dings. Paint is good (clearcoat is peeling.) Top, glass, tailgate and tailgate window are in excellent shape. There is some floor pan rust at the feet but not as bad as many broncos. The doors close smooth and don't sag. No rust on the rockers and just a little on the striker side. Anyway.

72-bronco-002.jpg

72-bronco-003.jpg

72-bronco-001.jpg

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Put some tires and wheels on it and it will probably bring another $1000 - $1500 any way I say $6000 - $8000

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
$4-5K at most But I'm cheap. looks decent but not orginal with no real major selling points engine means little compared to P/S and Disc brakes to me. anyways have to look at it closer to really determine if its worth anymore the area you live in also determines value. I picked up one that doesnt look as good but is orginal, straight and zero rust for $2700 I know I could turn it if I wanted to but why get rid of a good thing?

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
I would have said in the $7k to $8k range until you said the clear coat is peeling. That's a very expensive repair unless the new owner could do it himself, so IMO that's a big mark against it. Based on that alone I'd say $5k. As others have said put new alloys and different tires on it and the value would go up some.

It seems to me to have a strange mix of mods. It appears to be unlifted yet the rear quarters have been cut. It has a new engine but the interior is stock. Some of those things work against each other as far as value goes.

OP
OP
B

BoulderBronco

Loc.
Boulder, CO
Steve said:
It seems to me to have a strange mix of mods. It appears to be unlifted yet the rear quarters have been cut. It has a new engine but the interior is stock. Some of those things work against each other as far as value goes.
Yeah. The guy before him had big tires on it. Then the last owner took them off because his mother drove it. Do you think if I spent $1300 on a 2-3" lift, some wheels, and 33's it would increase the value more than the $1300 I spent. Sorry for being such a tight ass on this thing but I kind of bought it spontaniously and am not sure I can reall afford to keep it.

rachsrib

Loc.
Boulder,CO
Damnit man I was going to buy that but i didnt get off work till after you put a hold on it.
I was checking that thing out for like 6 days trying to scratch up some cash.
wont spoil what you paid for it but i thought it was a hell of a deal.
Engine was nice and clean with only a minor exhaust leak and would definatly replace those rims that looks like he spray painted
Good for you snatching it up when you did or i would have
Also he told we that it only had 4k miles on the 351w

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
BoulderBronco said:
Do you think if I spent $1300 on a 2-3" lift, some wheels, and 33's it would increase the value more than the $1300 I spent. Sorry for being such a tight ass on this thing but I kind of bought it spontaniously and am not sure I can reall afford to keep it.

For me personally? Yeah, if I was looking I'd either want one that's unlifted AND uncut, or lifted AND cut. And if it's lifted and cut, I'd want decent tires & wheels. But that's just me. I don't know what you paid for it so I can't really give good advice on whether that would be a good investment or not.

If it was uncut I'd seriously be interested in buying it from you, but I don't want or need another one that's been cut.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
BoulderBronco said:
Yeah. The guy before him had big tires on it. Then the last owner took them off because his mother drove it. Do you think if I spent $1300 on a 2-3" lift, some wheels, and 33's it would increase the value more than the $1300 I spent. Sorry for being such a tight ass on this thing but I kind of bought it spontaniously and am not sure I can reall afford to keep it.
If your not going to keep it dont pour money into it you might not get it back out of it nobody really wants to pay for the upgrades while they might help it sell quicker at the higher price you still had to put that money into it. I would make sure it runs and drives good and sell it as is. it looks like a fairly solid base for someone to build there own dream upon. I'm a little different than Steve I look for broncos that are fairly untouched the closer to stock the better as then I know exactly what I'm starting with. You can price it as you wish and if you dont get any takers you can always lower the price. Either way I think it will sell pretty easy.

kntr

Bronco Guru
Throw a carpet kit in it and better seat covers and it would look a little better and bring more.

OP
OP
B

BoulderBronco

Loc.
Boulder, CO
rachsrib said:
Damnit man I was going to buy that but i didnt get off work till after you put a hold on it.
I was checking that thing out for like 6 days trying to scratch up some cash.
wont spoil what you paid for it but i thought it was a hell of a deal.
Engine was nice and clean with only a minor exhaust leak and would definatly replace those rims that looks like he spray painted
Good for you snatching it up when you did or i would have
Also he told we that it only had 4k miles on the 351w
Sorry man. Beat ya to it. I thought it was a great deal @ $3000. I'll have to give him a call on the mileage. I thought he said 30K miles on the engine.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Not sure but by the looks of this pic there is a nice tailgate patch which was painted over which would leave me to believe that its rusted through and the further you dig and look the more hidden rust you might find. I think $3000 is a good deal and over all it looks like a pretty solid but I'm not sure I would pay a whole lot more than that if there was more rust to be found

Attachments

• 72-bronco-interior-004.jpg
    72-bronco-interior-004.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 22

commonlaw

Loc.
Seattle
Maybe it goes without saying but region has a great deal to do with the money you will fetch. Around here, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you could get 6K for it.

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
You could get 4.5-6k - I'm seeing rust in the seams - plenty more hiding in it I'd bet. Wouldn't be worth it to me - cause it would take a lot more to get it where I would want it - spruce up the inside and send it on it's way unless you want to pour a lot into it. Good buy at 3k - should give you a great return if you move it fast.

OP
OP
B

BoulderBronco

Loc.
Boulder, CO
TJK74 said:
Not sure but by the looks of this pic there is a nice tailgate patch which was painted over which would leave me to believe that its rusted through and the further you dig and look the more hidden rust you might find. I think $3000 is a good deal and over all it looks like a pretty solid but I'm not sure I would pay a whole lot more than that if there was more rust to be found
Yes there is a plate along the whole bottom of the tailgate. There is some rust behind it. Also along the rear quarter panels under the trim as on all these trucks. Also the kick panels on both drivers and passenger side is pretty rusty. But I have seen alot worse and I should be able to make some $$.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
After the update on the photos I think you are sitting fine where you are at with it, you got a good deal but if you try to flip it with some work you will find yourself in the hole. There is quite a bit of work cosmetically that needs done to put that over the 6k mark. Id say with the update ~ 4k at most for resale at this point.