• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What Is Your Favorite Tire?

cody72sport

just lookin for some input, what is your favorite tire? post pics if you have them

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
If you are looking for a great tire for off road purpose only, I recommend Pit Bull Rockers. Tough as nails and will take you just about anywhere. Not great road manners though.

Attachments

• Pit-Bull-Rocker-Extreme-l.jpg
    Pit-Bull-Rocker-Extreme-l.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 12

daveweil1

Loc.
Savannah
Ol Reliable

You just can't beat the Swamper TSL

Attachments

• Super_Swamper_TSL-l.jpg
    Super_Swamper_TSL-l.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 6

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
that opens a intire world of choices.. mudd, street, rock, sand, highway, baja race, crawl, snow, rain.. wow..

TSL Bogger always look mean but i like the baja claw..

Bundy

Bronco Guru
i have never owned them, but always had a soft spot in my heart for MT Thornbirds ;D

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
BFG MT's in 33x10.50 I think they are the perfect size for broncos. They have good road manners and wear is decent as well. Offroad they hold there own as well. I'm not sure that they still make this size in the MT's anymore though. Not real happy if its true as i dont care for the KM2's all that much. They just dont look as tough to me. But I hear they are good.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Depends on what you are trying to do.
Baja Claws work really well, have a soft sticky compound, but wear like pencil erasers. Not the best for a daily driver but great for a weekend warrior rig. Surprisingly quiet on the street for aggressivenss of the tread.

But if I went with a mostly street tire, BFG rugged trail is very highway friendly and can take some moderate stuff, just nothing severe. I would consider perfect for a skinny tire on an un-cut, un-lifted Bronco.

Michilens (in general) are a nice tire that tends to really take the miles well. But average in most other catagories.

Now dunes, get some paddles. Maybe some studed tires if going to drive on a frozen lake this winter. Lots of options all dependent on what your needs are.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
If you are looking for a great tire for off road purpose only, I recommend Pit Bull Rockers. Tough as nails and will take you just about anywhere. Not great road manners though.

For me too, OR the Pro Comp X Terrain...!

73bronco

I vote IROK for trail and rocks...there is a reason that it a top 3 winner in rock crawling and racing! I have them and have walked up obstacles I didn't even think were possible!

coreyvan77

Toyo Open Country MT's are my pic. Can't speak for the rocks, but snow, mud, and gravel roads they do outstanding. Very quiet for a MT as well.

OP
OP
cody72sport

cody72sport

bfg tires seem to be pricey everywhere i look, what is the best know off of the bfg mt?