• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What on earth could have caused this?

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
I couldnt figure out what part of the story was "a near death experience" untill I read about the church lady armadillo being chased by the Satan cat through the Bronco! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

72BlueBronco

[quote author=tholmes3 link=board=5;threadid=12621;start=0#94236 date=1040864008]<br>Ok...here goes the story that damn near got me killed and that gave my friend a near fatal heart attack!<br>I was driving his pristine 74 EB to a friends and around for a little while and then on the way home i heard an increasingly lound squeaking noise. I thought it was the exhaust pipe connection that is a little loose and has been making interesting noises, so i continued normally, without worry. I pulled up to a stop light and heard a realy loud squeaking and kind of grinding and then a pop (like a pressure release from the radiator). I thought it was just the hose, broken, and would simply get a new one in the morning. When we got home, we took a quick peak and then went to bed. In the morning, we found the plastic fan housing in three pieces, scattered about, the fan blades bend inwards (toward the radiator) and a circular gash in the radiator thatt was the circumference of the fan and one blade was embedded in it. Pieces of the radiator coil were everywhere and screws and bolts and all sorts of debris was pilled in the bottom lip of the radiator....!!! This scared the hell out of us and we are trying to fugure all exaclty what could have caused it.....any ideas or comments?<br><br><br>T3<br>[/quote]<br>How about a tree ::)

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
[quote author=rulebreaker link=board=5;threadid=12621;start=15#94755 date=1041092011]<br>I couldnt figure out what part of the story was "a near death experience" untill I read about the church lady armadillo being chased by the Satan cat through the Bronco! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>LOL ;D ;D <br><br>You're such a Smart A$$ ;D ;D

Broncobowsher

Total hack
It happened to me once, I was plowing through snow berms in a parking lot at night, without the aid of a snow plow.<br><br>It was kind of obvious to the parents in the morning with all the snow packed in the grill/lights.<br><br>Mine wasn't the complete destruction you had though.<br><br>When I got my current bronco, the kid was driving it over to pull the engine (I didn't want a duel quad 302). The front body mounts were broken away from the frame and the whole front clip would move around. Enough to send the fan into the shroud then radiator.