• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what size fan to run?

bdrake1

Loc.
texarkana
what size fan can you run with the factory or aftermarket shroud?the shruod on my is not off a bronco i think because it is turned upside down and will only work with a 15 inch fan.i am also changing the water pump at this time what should i go with?orealliys has a edelbrock avaliable but the only thing local is stock.

Rockrawl

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I've got a 17" fixed blade with my 351W and 4-core...things are good 'till I crawl around in 90+ degrees for too long then I end up at about 210. I'm thinking about adding an electric pusher....All of this is BCBroncos stuff:)

OP
OP
B

bdrake1

Loc.
texarkana
is the taurus fan a good route to go?or shuod i stick to machanical.my bronco is not a daily driver i usally go slow mudding,deer lease,whatever what to go with.also is the flowkooler what pump a good choise?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
If you get the correct shroud and dont have a body lift you should be able to run a 17 or 18" fan with no problems I believe I used a 18" fan and still had 1" of clearance all the way around the fan so I'm good if the body flexes or the engine torques. If your going through deep mud/ water than a electric fan may be a good choice as you can shut it off for the crossing and not drown your engine. As for water pumps I've never had a problem with the stock pump I crawl in 100+ degree heat and it doesnt go above 190. I also use a BC HD 3 row radiator. but I never had cooling problems with the stock 3 row either.