• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What size tire do you recommend?

Stefan

Loc.
Louisiana, Fort Polk
I have a 3 1/2 inch suspension lift and a two inch body lift on my 74. Do you suggest 33's or 35 inch?
I was also looking for some nicer wheels for my Bronco since the old ones are suffering (rusted, paint is bleeding and look pretty sad). I was thinking aluminum and was wondering if someone could make some suggestions?

I'm stuck in Iraq so I'm working on getting the rebuild of my Bronco together parts and price wise while I'm here minus some mechanical work which is being done while I'm gone using my Iraq saving program ie I don't have anything over here to spend my money on.

Thanks,
Stefan

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Are your rear fenders cut? If so, go 35s. With 5.5" of total lift, 33s would look a bit silly if your fenders are cut, IMO.

JBronc

Loc.
Redmond, Wa
It sounds to me like you have enough lift to clear 35's no problem but it depends on what you plan to do with it. Off road, or mostly street?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I agree sounds like you need 35's. I think 33's with only 3.5in of lift looks a little out of wack due to the extra space between the tire and fenders. 3.5in and 2in body will look really silly with 33's.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Should be able to roll 35s" I like a more classic look so I would stick with a 35 x12.5x 15" tire on a 15x 10" rim. The classic slots look great on a bronco.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Thank you for serving us over there. I have the same lift as you. 3 1/2 + 2" BL. I run the 35's on 15x8" rims. The rears rub a little on full stuff, but some bump stops would fix that. (I don't have them in the rear). The front tires have never hit the body.

Attachments

• IMG_4881.JPG
    IMG_4881.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3257.JPG
    IMG_3257.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
S

Stefan

Loc.
Louisiana, Fort Polk
I have cut fenders and the Bronco will be primarely off road but will be driven on the road also.
I use my truck for the majority of road driving. My Bronco is my first vehicle I ever bought and I haven't been able to sell her! She has been with me through thick and thin and at the moment is in poor shape but I am planning on changing that starting with making her mechanicaly sound and then working on the rest.
This will be an expensive project since I roled her in my younger days about 15 or 16 years ago. I used a hi lift jack, 2X4, a lincoln wire fed welder and a die grinder to straiten and fix up the windshield frame (it was diamond shaped after I roled her), un-taco'd the front grill and traded an ex-girl friends phone number for a fender (I feel bad for the guy I gave her number to).

OP
OP
S

Stefan

Loc.
Louisiana, Fort Polk
Thank you for serving us over there. I have the same lift as you. 3 1/2 + 2" BL. I run the 35's on 15x8" rims. The rears rub a little on full stuff, but some bump stops would fix that. (I don't have them in the rear). The front tires have never hit the body.

I really like your Bronco!!!
What rear bumper and what role cage is that? You really put that together nicely!

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Someone has to ask. What gears are you running? 3:50 gears and 35's will hurt you, 33's are the max I'd run with 3:50's. But the 35's would definately look better.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I was just thinking the same thing. 35s would look better but will require lower gears than stock if that's what you have. 4.11 - 4.56 minimum.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
here's my first one with 3 1/2 susp. lift and 2" body lift with 35's i think it is the best combo

Attachments

• bronco's 011.JPG
    bronco's 011.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 41

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Yea 33's do look a little out of place, I have about 5" of lift. (Going to be 35's on it soon!)

Attachments

• DSCF0061 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0061 (Medium).JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 56

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
3.5" suspension, 2" body lift with 33x 12.5x 15s on 15x 10" American Eagles. I had to go w/ 33s due to running stock 3.50 gears. Soon I'm going to re-gear the diffs to 4.27s and bump up to 35" tires... Go with 35s if your gears will let you.

Attachments

• Bronco 4 vga.JPG
    Bronco 4 vga.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Bronco 3 vga.JPG
    Bronco 3 vga.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 32

rjp1965

I have cut fenders and the Bronco will be primarely off road but will be driven on the road also.
I use my truck for the majority of road driving. My Bronco is my first vehicle I ever bought and I haven't been able to sell her! She has been with me through thick and thin and at the moment is in poor shape but I am planning on changing that starting with making her mechanicaly sound and then working on the rest.
This will be an expensive project since I roled her in my younger days about 15 or 16 years ago. I used a hi lift jack, 2X4, a lincoln wire fed welder and a die grinder to straiten and fix up the windshield frame (it was diamond shaped after I roled her), un-taco'd the front grill and traded an ex-girl friends phone number for a fender (I feel bad for the guy I gave her number to).

Hilarious. Your the man Stefan for the fender trade. Ditto on the thanks for serving and the vote for 35's. God speed and come home safely.

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
I am also in Iraq. Great time to save for bronco projects.

I have a 3.5" SL and 1"BL and run 35s on 15x10 slots. I think it looks about right. i also run 4.56 gears and a ZF trans.

Attachments

• Bronco%20final.jpg
    Bronco%20final.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 34