• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What to do with an extra Frame

klake575

Looking for a little help with an extra frame i have. It is a soild frame, but has been hacked on a little. i have the glove box door and was going to get the title to go with it, but i just don't have the time. it is a 70 yr V-8, it has the full running gear. I guess the question is does it hold any real value? i know the value to my wife is her garage back for the winter which is fast approaching. so i guess i am asking the knowledge bunch what is the best thing to do? please help me because the garge is cold and i may end up there if i don't get this figured out.:-[

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
does it hold any real value? Yes I can't tell you what to ask for it,but if it still has running gear,g.box door and can be titled than you could start by puting it on the for sale thread on here and your local Craigslist.I am pos. that someone will want it as I know I do,but your to far away.Good luck with it and keep plenty of wraps with ya! It might get real cold out there.;)

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
It ant worth much. But if you find someone close you might ask for a few hundred. I dont think a title will be any good to anybody so i wouldnt waste the time getting one. The frame isnt worth anything really. I know of at least 4 that got cut up and recycled this summer alone.

What do you mean by full running gear? Got pics of what you got?

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I sold a set of axles for $400 a couple years back. Had to give the frame away.

OP
OP
K

klake575

When i say hacked the motor mounts were cut off, but i have them. it has a body lift welded on, really kind of different never seen it done before. the frame itself is solid it has the 9" rear and the 30 upfront. I have the 3 speed and dana 20 that came with it. i have both drive shafts. there was also some kind of anti wrap bar added. guess i'll post it in the for sale section and see if anyone is interested. thanks for the feed back everyone.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Strip all the parts out of it, and stand it on edge in the garage for a future build. Sell the axles or stash them out back under a tarp.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Welded on body lift, butchered engine mounts, there is no value there.
No title, not a problem, the scrap dealer won't worry about it. I would no waste my time or money chasing a title for it.
The 30 is usually given away, rarely sold. Same for the 3-speed.

Things of value; the 9" may have a little value, depending on condition and spec. Same for the D20. Other then that, the most value is probably as scrap

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Welded on body lift, butchered engine mounts, there is no value there.
No title, not a problem, the scrap dealer won't worry about it. I would no waste my time or money chasing a title for it.
The 30 is usually given away, rarely sold. Same for the 3-speed.

Things of value; the 9" may have a little value, depending on condition and spec. Same for the D20. Other then that, the most value is probably as scrap

Hate to say it but this probably the best way to go.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
One man's trash is anothers - - - aw well ya know the ole saying.I'd put it out there and see what happens in the for sale ads.