• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's it take to get a 5.8 EFI under the hood?

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Lightning lowers....check on FB marketplace. You can find some deals there. Got mine from there

Tim

OP
OP
C

clintonvillian

Loc.
West Virginia
The opposite. It's not as tall as the 351W truck manifold but it sticks up pretty high. Photos below are of my old Explorer 5.0 and my current 408, with a Trick Flow R intake. The old engine fit under my stock hood with an old school 1" (actual 3/4") body lift. To clear the new engine I needed a true 1" body lift and a Wild Horses "Highlander" hood. Even then it barely fits. The contortion in the intake tract is to snake it down under the right side of the hood.

View attachment 892622

View attachment 892623

At the end of the day, was it worth it?

OP
OP
C

clintonvillian

Loc.
West Virginia
Well this might fall through. Looked the truck over, it has a C6, completely useless. I offered the guy $200 told him if he changes his mind let me know.

Sometimes you end up with more time and money socked into something than it is worth....crate engines are becoming more and more desirable vs having to find a machine shop...

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
You would be amazed at what you can print in metal these days...
it will cost you 2 arms and a leg though...