• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's the best 2-barrell replacement to the 2100?

bdfeenie

Looking for advice for a plug and play, without having to change intake at this moment.

Thanks in advance!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I thought the 2100 and 2150 were some of the best 2bbl carbs out there. Easy to rebuild, good off camber allowance, few issues. Maybe a rebuild kit is your best answer.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Another 2100. There are really no better 2 barrels out there while I like Holley carbs there 2 barrel is not really well suited for broncos and with any aftermarket carb you may get lucky and be able to just bolt it on but they really need to be tuned to your engine to get the most out of them. Even the 2100 can be improved with tuning but usually they are close enough to not really make it worth messing with.

old bronco

Unless of course you bump up to the 4100. The 2100 and 4100 (4bbl) seem to be the best I've ran across.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I've been using the small holley 2v (I think 350 cfm) for a few years and it's great for low speed torque. It just seems to give out above 4000 rpm. Maybe it's just my worn out motor.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Any auto parts store will have or can get the remanfuactured carbs. But really a simple carb rebuild kit is usually all thats needed unless your throttle shaft is just plain worn out. A carb kit is a much better choice it will allow you to learn about your carb something anybody running a carb should learn about.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
2100 is great. I have taken Holley 2 barrels off to install 2100 in it's place. Bronco carb on an International, good choice. I even have a friend looking for a good one to stick on his 454 chevy engine.

I just placed an order for rebuild kits from these people http://www.carburetor.ca/ and they list the general rebuild kit for the 2100/2150 carbs. I should have the kits in a week or so. then a couple more months to install them. (Not an endorsment yet, just a place I found online that looked good enough to order from)

fireman1749

Loc.
Clarksville, TN
Ive rebuilt 4 2100's now.... one on my 71 f-100m two on jeeps, and one on my bronco.... i love them... i bought the rebuild kits at either oreillys or autozone one and it took about an or two to rebuild one.... $15 or $20 for the kit cant beat it

there is a bunch of reman'd ones on ebay but pricey!

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Ditto on the rebuilding the 2100. Great carb. I've run a Holley 500 (4412) too and it does have good low end torque, reliability, and decent mileage, but the 2100 kicks its tail on the angles. Way easier to build than a Holley too. Give yourself an hour or two if you've never done one and have fun.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Looking for advice for a plug and play, without having to change intake at this moment.

Thanks in advance!

IMHO, the best replacement for a 2100 is another 2100
If you want the best 2100, Call Pony Carbs, the best but pricey.
TOFIC