• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's this Bronco Worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jantzer

Looking to do a frame off restoration, fabrication not too much of a problem. Trying decide if I should spend less than $2k for a start or $5-6k. I plan to do more of a custom than stock as it will have a LS1 "Chevy" motor. Probably won't get much help now lol. I'm just thinking I will be replacing most stock parts anyway like motor/trans/transfer case, dash, etc why not start cheap?

1966 Clear Title - Alot of missing parts. Basically what you see is what is included. It has both doors and tailgate which are straight. I'm sure I can find a few of these parts local for reasonable and get the rest from Tom's Bronco.

Any help is appreciated. After I pick up my first bronco I will be active on the forums.

MattW

Wow, I hate to ever say throw the towel in on a Bronco, but that one is close. At least it has slots...

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've given $800 for worse.

Title with matchin' frame (+)
Slots (+)
Some what clean tub (+)
Door posts look decent (+)
Tailgate and doors (+)
Looks like replacement floor sheet metal (+)
Old lift (+)

I'd give up to $800
I feel bad for what I just bought if that's only worth $500- :-X

That tub is worth $2000 here: http://www.broncoparts4u.com/apps/webstore/products/category/109303 ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Probably won't get it for less than $800.

I have co-workers that keep trying to convince me to put an LS1 in mine, ha ha. First on the list if you decide to sell those slots ;)

OP
OP
J

jantzer

I appreciate the feedback. $500 seems low to me. I've been looking around for a couple months now all over craigslist and ebay and everything under $3-4k has plenty of rust and typicaly other problems. Is the tub worthless? Reason I say that is if the wheels are a couple hundred??, straight doors and tailgate must be worth $100 ea if you part it out. And then you have the front & rear axles, frame, lift kit, dash, floor sheetmetal etc. I understand if you're looking to do a full restoration with stock parts, it's probably not a keeper. But if you plan to scrap most of the stock parts except body, what difference does it make if they are there to start with.

Is it that the tub is in that bad of shape or that the front-end is missing? I'm trying to figure out why it's a pos if it is in fact lol. Because $500 fits that description to me.

Btw, he's wants $1500.

OP
OP
J

jantzer

Less than $500 only because of the slots. That thing is beat! But your going to destroy it with a GM engine anyhow so why not:-X

I guess if destroying it is 475hp with a mild cam on stock heads and 18mpg. Just sucks you can't do that with a ford engine. ;D

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Looks like it would be a decent deal for what you want to do to it. I dont think the body is bad at all just replace the floor and your good to go.
Good luck with your 475hp and 18 mpg in a bronco. What you may call a mild cam wont be so mild in a heavy truck you'll be needing so gearing to help it move which will kill mileage.
Oh we can make that HP with a Ford engine its the mileage numbers that neither engine will get in a bronco.

Status
Not open for further replies.