• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whats wrong with this door?

biobiegun

Loc.
Wappingers Falls, NY
I've read the posts on aligning the doors and none seem to address this. Only off on the lower rear corners, both sides, driver side is worse. Is the top of the Bed splayed from years of going topless? Are the doors out of shape?

Attachments

• IMG_2439-001.JPG
    IMG_2439-001.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_2440-001.JPG
    IMG_2440-001.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2442-001.JPG
    IMG_2442-001.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2443-001.JPG
    IMG_2443-001.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2441-001.JPG
    IMG_2441-001.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 142

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Top hinge on front tub needs to move out and lower hinge needs to move out a little basically you need to pivot on the door post. Then adjust the door position on the hinges to push it back in.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Yes it will But then you eithor push it back in on the door side of the hinge or shim the fender. Most Broncos from the factory the door sets slighty behind the fender it is less noticable at the fender obstructed by the hinges than at the rear jamb. Remember you are adjusting doors on a farm truck not on a sports sedan. Ford didnt care as long as it was close.

Last edited:

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It s a pain and takes awhile, especially if you have new door seals. Also check you body mounts, I was really hard to aline my doors my body mounts were trash. Much better after.

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
Those are fun to do. Make sure you at your breaking point before attempting this fix. No don't. It is all trial and error. Lines like a new car won't be achieved but you will need to find that sweet spot you are happy with. 2 people is almost a must.
Good luck. I got my passenger to what I consider perfect and my drivers pissed me off too much and is still a little off but acceptable for now.

bstein

I just did my doors last weekend. Its a 2 man job ... Agree the door needs to be twisted. In my case I had to shim the back of the hinge as well. They are far from perfect but much better. Don't get to carried away with adjustment as a 1/16 '' at the hinge over the length of the door will move it a lot and close the doors slowly checking clearances around the door as you close. Patience is a virtue.

Bradsp8

I'm not knocking other replies as they are probably correct. Just another idea......... Can you press on the corner of the door and get it to align while keeping pressure on it? IMO it appears you suffer from the installation of new aftermarket weatherstripping.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
While the factory body gaps were rather crude, doesn't mean they can't be cleaned up.

I'm guessing some body panels have been replaced? My bet is the tub is off. Doubt it was the years of topless. The doors getting a warp to them isn't that easy to get and at this point can't go away. So the only option is to bend the tub. And I don't have any good ways of doing that with your fresh paint.