• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where do you go wheeling??

71pony

Loc.
SLC Utah
I would like to know where all of you like to go wheeling in your EB. I have been around to alot of places but i know I havent been everywere. So please post em up.

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=71pony link=board=5;threadid=12256;start=0#90859 date=1039725071]<br>I would like to know where all of you like to go wheeling in your EB. I have been around to alot of places but i know I havent been everywere. So please post em up.<br>[/quote]<br><br>When I lived in Provo, I used to do little deer creek every once in a while. It is a trail that starts at the base of Deer Creek dam in the canyon and ends up at Cascade Springs in American Fork Canyon. it's a fun morning run, especially in the snow. Not too challenging. It borders Robert Redford's property around Sundance. I am not sure if you can still do it though as last time I was up there, they had the entrance blocked off with cement barriers. I also wheeled a few times in Hobble Creek Canyon and Diamond Fork in Spanish Fork Canyon. We also wen't as far up on West Mountain on the west side of Utah lake as we could go before getting stopped by snow. I never did make it to the radar towers. Again nothing major as I am not into the hardcore stuff.

OP
OP

71pony

Loc.
SLC Utah
That gives me a couple of trails to see around home but I am also looking for trails all over the counrty. I travel a lot with my bronco. When I get to my destination it would be nice to know about some great trails in the area so I could do more than just business.

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Do you ever get to the mid west ? There aren't any public places to wheel in Iowa , but with some notice , I can take you to some private fun spots .

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
there isnt much here in oklahoma city but i usually go to the canadian river or if i just want to putt around i go out to one af the 2 nearby lakes

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
[quote author=okiebronco link=board=5;threadid=12256;start=0#91081 date=1039789517]<br>there isnt much here in oklahoma city but i usually go to the canadian river or if i just want to putt around i go out to one af the 2 nearby lakes<br>[/quote]<br><br>Lake of the Grand Cherokees perhaps ?Aka ... Disney Land ? ;D

OffRoadObsession

Loc.
Frankston/Tyler, TX
I go wheelin at Shiloh Ridge in Alto TX... is has alot of trails and some rocks and ALOT of mud.. i try to keep ot of the mud but i occasianly run into in a trail... Also i know Canada and Northern Michigan has alot of public trails... its 1000's of miles of trails... they are used for snowmobiles in the winter... but during the summer i mostly atv's and ORV go down there... its pretty cool..

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
[quote author=okiebronco link=board=5;threadid=12256;start=0#91200 date=1039817383]<br>never been there.... yet howie ;D<br>that is one of the places i plan on going next summer though<br>[/quote]<br><br>I do believe Howie like the Disney, Oklahoma RoundUp!<br>We're hoping to get back up there not too long after the holidays but depends on the weather.

NOTPRETTY

Loc.
Folsom CA
I live about 1.75 hours from both the Rubicon and Fordyce (Sierra Trek). Wheel there 10 time each year. Been to the hammers and Moab too. Liked the hammers trail, but not the view...that place has no plants anywhere. I guess I am spoiled by the sierras...

Explore74

Loc.
Lubbock, TX
I live in Lubbock, TX, and if you stand on a soap box, you can just about see the west coast(LOL). Man is it flat here, I have to drive at least 2 hours to work out the steed, and about 8 hours to get to some real action(Las Cruces, NM).

RobsBronc

Loc.
sandy, ut
im in Draper UT, and when the bronco is running im always up upper and lower corner canyon, south mountiain, the alpine trails, and if you really want to scare the hell out of yourself we have the infamous widowmaker hill climb. youll either get scared climbing it or running from the cops, since the rich people fell the need to build their fancy houses right at the base of it and destroy whats left of it. the best part is that all this is less than 15 miuntes away. if im in for a drive there is little moab on the other side of utah lake, all the rocks and mountains in the west desert, moab and ceder city. man i love utah

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
[quote author=2Broncos2Go link=board=5;threadid=12256;start=0#91202 date=1039817965]<br>[quote author=okiebronco link=board=5;threadid=12256;start=0#91200 date=1039817383]<br>never been there.... yet howie ;D<br>that is one of the places i plan on going next summer though<br>[/quote]<br><br>I do believe Howie like the Disney, Oklahoma RoundUp!<br>We're hoping to get back up there not too long after the holidays but depends on the weather.<br>[/quote]<br><br>A group of us are going in March if anyone is interested :eek:

OP
OP

71pony

Loc.
SLC Utah
Thanks guys for the info. I don't have plans yet for March for I may be interested in "Disney land". As for now I am planing a trip through the sierras. Maybe I will see you out there NOTPRETTY.