• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where is that Headlight thread...

Bundy

Bronco Guru
... that talked about putting a relay on each headlight?

was that using the stock lamps?

does it incorporate the stock headlight switch?

is it a massive improvement? my headlights suck and get brighter with rpms.

i searched and so many threads came up... hoping someone remembers the name of it!

thanks!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Here's a basic diagram. The relays are in the box at the left. You need to add them at that point. It will work with stock lights but with halogen bulbs it's a massive improvement. It probably won't help the dimming at idle-that's low alternator output due to weak alt or too low rpm.

Attachments

• headlight relays.jpg
    headlight relays.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
so the stock headlight wiring is just sans relay?

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As for the "brighter with RPM's" get an electronic Voltage regulator from Napa, request a voltage regulator for a 1978 Ford Granada.
and replace the "big box" stock one. Just plugs right in. That's what I did to get rid of the "bulb flicker" and "brighter with RPM's
Reamer

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
so the stock headlight wiring is just sans relay?

Yes. That's a stock diagram that I added the relays to in order to show everyone where they need to go. You should be able to read the wire colors.