• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where is the factory location for frame/body ground

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i have not found the above the engine ground of the battery was an easy fine :)

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
Not sure if there is one....liek it would make sense to have one But mine doesn't. The engine being grounded and moutned to the frame pretty much grounds out the whole truck.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
fordguy said:
i have not found the above the engine ground of the battery was an easy fine :)
The engine grounds to the battery at the front of the motor to a bolt around the alternator.

The body ground is on the passenger side of the motor to the body to a hole around where the heater hoses going into the cab.

Hope this answers your question.
If you need a picture let me know and I will shoot you one of my Bronco.

TOFIC

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
thanks TOFIC I will look today if you get time a pic would be nice

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
The neg cable comes off the batt and about half way down the inner fender it bolts to the body than to the engine. If the cable is not factory it will be missing the body ground.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
currently the cable is staright to the motor from the battery

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Best bet is to make sure that the front clip, tub, and engine are grounded together. I've run a 10 awg stranded wire from the engine to both points.