• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where is the line between a classic and a runner???

MontrealBronco

Loc.
Montreal, Quebec
Here`s the deal : I found a Bronco that a guy rebuilt completely, a 77 with a 300hp engine, new paint and almost new everything. The guy supposedly put $25000 CDN on it. He passed away last fall and now it`s for sale by his daughter. I haven`t seen it yet, going to at 16:00 today but appently, this Bronco was treated like a princess and looks like one...

My 74 is almost done, built for fun, light wheeling and care-free riding. This new one would save me tons of work but where do you draw the line when it comes to taking a garage princess in a mud pit??

Having a very sweet ride is a very tempting idea but limiting it`s use is not what I really want and no, I can`t have both unfortunately... Just want to see what your thoughts are....

BTW, they are asking $9500 CDN for it, roughly $7100 US and I am taking my camera to take lots of pictures...

Jeff

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
If you can afford the asking price and dont mind driving it......do it, its your money. It all boils down to this question; would you put the same money into the rig you now have? send me some pic...maybe I'll come to the great white north and buy it off you.;)

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
take lots of pics while it's pretty....then wheel it til it falls apart. ;D

it's your money, and if you buy it, it's your bronco. you want to mud bog it, do it. i enjoy looking at the nice ones, but there is nothing better than seeing one doing what it was built to do!

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
You would spend more than that building an old, stockish Bronco into a medium duty trail rig. I wouldn't think twice about wheeling that rig. When it comes to body damage, it only hurts the first time. After that it adds character.

OP
OP
M

MontrealBronco

Loc.
Montreal, Quebec
Well, I'm back and WOW :eek: , that Bronco is amazing. It has been completely redone, no rust at all, even the frame has been repainted... But best of all, it's not perfect... this baby was set up as a driver, not a beauty queen.... So wheeling is possible without emotional distress about abusing a rare gem... and it's the same color I wanted to paint mine...

The guy paid real attention to details... Basically, he almost ordered every part in the James Duff catalog.... I stopped adding at around $5000 of parts and there was still more... It would take me years to buy and put on all the parts he has...

And the engine... all the goodies, Holley 4-barrels, edelbrock intake, forged pistons, cam, etc... I have no problem believing this baby is close to 300 hp...

I'll have the pictures soon, I am putting them on my web site as you read this...

Jeff

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
looks good. any reason the hood doesn't look like it shuts all the way... and the rear bumper isn't for a bronco.... but what about the interior? but overall a very solid and straight lookin ride...