• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to get headlight adjusters?

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
The little plastic nuts for the headlight adjusters in my bronco are rotted away and/or missing. Is there anyplace I can buy new adjusters?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Worked as well for me. only one way to get OEM and your going to pay for it and wait on them.

O2sled

Loc.
Cheyenne
adjustment specs.

Does anyone know the adjustment specs. ?

Such as park bronco X amount of feet from a wall & the high beam bright spot will be X amount of feet up from the ground?

OR maybe keep adjusting up and left until 50% of the other driver flip their bright at you.... :)

OP
OP
H

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
I think all headlights are supposed to be adjusted the same. The method I use (gleaned from a very old technical manual) is this:

Find a flat parking lot with a brick wall. Pull vehicle up so front bumper is touching wall. Turn on headlights and mark (center of) bright spot on wall. Back straight out exactly 25 feet. Adjust headlights so bright spot (or center of same) is 3" right and 1-3" below marks (How far below depends on headlight design. Too high and you'll dazzle oncoming traffic, too low and you won't be able to see far enough ahead)

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought mine from JBG. Didn't cost much and you don't have to wait to long.

O2sled

Loc.
Cheyenne
Thanks Hal9000,
I will try that method, my eb's lights leave a lot to be desired.
I hope I didnt derail your thread to much...

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I adjust mine in my county drive way .. Twist a screw and have a snort of blue beer .... look at it and see if that suits you ... If NOT MAY ALMOST TAKE A CASE ON a SATURDAY Night .. but bye the time your ready to return home it'll look good to you ... Don't try this on main street ..It works better in the country .

4xfun

I could not find any at the parts store. I got mine from Dennis Carpenters and they were only a couple of bucks.

Buy from a vendor. It will give you a reason to but something else and you can tell you wife how much you are saving on shipping.

OP
OP
H

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I need to place orders for a few other parts anyway.

O2 sled, no worries on the question. It was related. One other factor you might have to deal with is the height of your truck. You might have to adjust them down even more than 3" to get the lights in the correct area in front of the vehicle.

joshm28

Loc.
Jasper, AL
I just purchased the adjusters at the local autoparts store. They were the universal fit and they worked great.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Hal9000,
I will try that method, my eb's lights leave a lot to be desired.
I hope I didnt derail your thread to much...

Hey O2, welcome! You might just want to do a little searching here and look for other headlight issues. You'll find out that if your Bronco's lights are original, or of the same type, they SUCK! Might have been fine when new, but I doubt it.
Many of us have upgraded to not only a more modern halogen light, mostly of the replaceable H4 type, but also have upgraded the electrical system to use relays under the hood instead of the original wires running all that distance to the switch and back.

Makes a HUGE difference!

Good luck in your search, should you decide to accept it. And have fun with your new mission, "should you decide to accept it" ...

Paul