• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where's the best place to get collector insurance?

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
I just called two places about getting collector insurance on my Bronco...The price is good, but they won't insure it, cause of the lift kit....Anyone know where I can get it insured?

justinsane

Loc.
Casper, Wyoming
[quote author=Blueoval4me link=board=5;threadid=16443;start=0#msg125391 date=1050587936]
[quote author=choppy link=board=5;threadid=16443;start=0#msg125371 date=1050584585]
http://www.hagerty.com
[/quote]

if they ask, tell them you dont offroad it. They blacklisted me for that.
[/quote]

Every collector insurance place I called wouldn't insure it because I use it off road. State Farm would at a pretty good rate, but I need an apprasial on it first.

Good Luck,

Brian

G

So for less than $200 a *year* I dont have to worry about insurance regardless of my driving record. The only stipulations are that I garage my vehicle and dont drive over 2500 miles? I pay more for a MONTH in insurance. Does anyone have this on there vehicle?

HorsePlay

Loc.
Middlesex, NJ
Don't know if its cuz im from NJ(the worst state for insurance in the US) But only one of the collector car insurance places in the Hemmings would think about insuring a 4x4, then they asked me if there were any modifications, and well the conversation ended.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
Hagerty, and Grundy were the two places I called about...They both said they woulnd't insure me cause of the lift kit...I told them I was only going to be using it for shows, and parades, and they still said "no"...Hagerty was 206.00/year and Grundy was 192.00
There has to be a place that insures lifted trucks...I know i'm not the only one that sunk alot of money into a classic off roader, only to be able to get liability on it...One place said they would insure me at a VERY hefty price, but its really not worth paying that kind of cash for something you barely use...
I'm thinking about just putting liability on it with fire, theft, and uninsured motorist...Sorry for the long post, had to vent...The whole insurance thing really bumbs me out...