• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which console?

94broncoboy

Loc.
Tulsa oklahoma
So I'm looking for a center console for my 76. I went to oriley and they had some cheap ones that were basically glorified cup holders. I want one with cup holders and a good place to keep stuff like change. A small toolkit stuff like that. The only requirement. I don't want to have to drill or bolt anything. So what are some good options?

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Not drilling/bolting it to the floor will mean that it can move around on ya - especially if you put somethign in there like a small tool kit. Maybe some 3M double sided tape would keep things in place if you're on a clean surface.

Are you dealing with a stocker that you dont want to drill? I bet you could fab a piece of flat stock - bolt the center console to that in the middle and attach it to the seat belt or seat track bolts on either side.

turbotim2

I saw LMC Truck has a cool looking one in their catalog and it uses the seatbelt bolts to hold it down. Has cup holders and a box.

steve&jen

I always thought the Tuffy boxes were so expensive. I got one and it works great. Well worth the money with the security to put a phone or wallet tools etc into. I think there are only three holes to drill. You could use as suggested before is to use flat stock at tie it into the seat bolts.

OP
OP

94broncoboy

Loc.
Tulsa oklahoma
yeah its a stocker. and im trying to keep it as stock as possible. so anything i add will have to be done without drilling and any of that. except for the 3point seatbelts. but how would i make a base for the center console? so i could drill into the base.

OP
OP

94broncoboy

Loc.
Tulsa oklahoma
see im not looking for something that hardcore either. just a simple center console with a deep box to put change and notes and other crap in. not where id stash gold haha

OP
OP

94broncoboy

Loc.
Tulsa oklahoma
and cup holders. well i could cut those into one. i have about 7 ammo cans at my dads haha so i actually might do that
has to have cup holders because at least 1 time every day i have to go and get drinks for my mom. im still not used to driving and trying not to spill my drink haha

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
smittybilt has a console very similar to the tuffy for about half the price. then make a steel plate that bolts to the console, then goes to either the seat bolts or seat belt bolts. be sure and post pix so we can steal the idea!

OP
OP

94broncoboy

Loc.
Tulsa oklahoma
see im still 16 and work is super slow right now so im not making a lot of money. and my mom is making me give her a lot. like 100$ from each chek when my checks are less than 200$. so im looking for something somewhat cheap haha

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
ammo cans you already have. bicycle drink holders are $3.99 a piece. two way tape or heavy duty velcro with adhesive should run you about $5.

You'd be good to go for less than $20.

kaw550

Bronco Guru
Make your own. I made one out of MDF and used an autozone cupholder on the front of it.

I picked up a Tuffy console but I am thinking of going back to the one I made.

OP
OP

94broncoboy

Loc.
Tulsa oklahoma
i was thinking just make inserts in the ammo can like dividers in a sense. and weld the top so its always open and just cut the holes into that and put rubber around the edges so it wont cut the cup open if its styrofoam or paper

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
How did you mount the roll bar for the three point seat belts if you didn't drill holes?
If you have a top on the car, you won't need an expensive safe console. I got this one from JC Whitney. It works great.

Attachments

• console_b.jpg
    console_b.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 80

JSBX

Contributor
I saw one at Tractor supply that looked good. I did not check to see how wide it was but it may work. I think it was around 49 bucks. The top opened from back to front and had two cup holders.