• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which Flowmaster Muffler

broncoboy71

Loc.
Virginia Beach, VA
Which Flowmaster muffler is everyone running. I am looking at the 40 series or Delta 40 or Delta 50. I am buying the Ultra-Flow headers from JBG

Thanks for the input

kwspony

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Roseville
i have a Magnaflow on mine. it's a 2 chamber. Iwish I would have bought a 3 chamber, it's a bit loud. something to think about.;D

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I run the original 40 series. My Bronco is loud as hell but people do know when you are nearby. I personally like the sound, but a 40 series delta gives less resonance inside the cab. A 50 series is a lot quieter. It's really up to you what loudness you want.

tabascom16

Loc.
Salisbury, PA
I beleive I am running the 40 series. They will definately let your engine make some noise to help turn those heads in your direction.

DoughBoy

Loc.
Hemet, CA
I have a 40 & its too loud for me... give you a good deal on it if you're interested...I'm going to a 50 Delta, I dont need the attention

chrisd0729

Loc.
Churchville, PA
I'm running original 40 series in the stock location and single tail for now. Yes, definitely loud but, I love the tone and sound level. Only time I feel bad is when I take it to work once in a while and have to start it up at 5:30am.

giordano

Loc.
Victoria, BC
I get my original 40 series' on in a couple days. They're going on with 2.5" pipes behind my new hedmans. I can't wait. I hope that nobody in the underground parking here has a car alarm.

ltatro

Loc.
Michigan
Are the Delta 50's noticably quieter than the orignal 40 series? I'm finishing my 5.0 project and really don't want alot of noise, just good deep mellow tone, will be running full length duals with MAC shorties. It's basically just a stock ride.

brutis72eb

Bronco Guru
Loc.
South Carolina
What is the quietest exhaust flowmasters sell?? I have had strait pipes out of my 302 and im sick of being really loud. And I wont need loud exhaust to make heads turn after I get done%)!!! I want to be able to hear my stereo too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

FordTruckGuyFX4

Loc.
East TN
Well aint got that Bronco yet but my trucks getting 3" pipe back from longtube headers, through an offroad H-pipe, through original 40 series, out the back with 3" mandrel bent pipe and 4" tips.

elkhunter

Loc.
Glenoma, WA
ltatro said:
Are the Delta 50's noticably quieter than the orignal 40 series? I'm finishing my 5.0 project and really don't want alot of noise, just good deep mellow tone, will be running full length duals with MAC shorties. It's basically just a stock ride.
If you want the tone without the extreme noise go with the delta 40's. I think that is the name but not sure. It is just a less extreme model of 40's

Broncobowsher

Total hack
brutis72eb said:
What is the quietest exhaust flowmasters sell?? I have had strait pipes out of my 302 and im sick of being really loud. And I wont need loud exhaust to make heads turn after I get done%)!!! I want to be able to hear my stereo too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quietest one is the 70 series. It will fit under the passanger seat, bearly. I have on on hy high compression 351 and it dumps in front of the rear tire. is is nice and livable, but capable of still setting off one of those urban crickets if they are right next to me and set too sensitive

The wind noise is louder then the exhaust now. A conversation is possible, but still not enjoyable. It will take more then a muffler to fix that though.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I bought the SS Delta 50s 2.5 inch to put behind teh Ultraflows...have not put them on yet. Maybe soon. Let me know how yours turns out.

77Broncoholic

Loc.
TN
I used the 50 series Delta flow on Toyota and I'm putting them on my Bronco next week. They have a really good sound without being too loud.

ltatro

Loc.
Michigan
Let us know what they sound like when you have your exhaust system complete, leaning toward the delta 50's myself. Tater

AirForceBronco

Loc.
Ohio
I have a 5.0 EFI with stock Mustang GT headers, then a 50 series with 2 each 2 1/2's going in and one 3" coming out--then all the way to the back. The single 3" pipe saved on pipe bending and room underneath and at the back of the truck--it is really a great set up and most of all it SOUNDS GREAT. No clearance problems anywhere, and never in danger of scraping.

Kind of a "gentleman's rumble" I like to call it. Chicks dig it too (OK so my wife says it sounds "OK").

MP