• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which in tank fuel pump for 23GAL EFI install?

zuluking

Im getting ready to buy an EFI unit and need to buy a fuel pump for my 23 gal tank. Which in tank Fuel pump do you all recommend for a Holley Sniper EFI unit? Can I use an early bronco or F150 in 19 gal tank fuel pump?

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I thought I recently read a thread on here about which one was the quietest.

marshall godron

Fuel pump

I run the walbro 255. With my sniper setup way happy with it. If I remember correct it’s a GSS340. It’s from a Ford Mustang 85-95

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
Mine came as a kit from BC and it whines but nothing unbearable. IDK or remember which pump it was though.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Im running the Walbro in tank pump on my 23g Aero tank,except I'm having FiTech problems again, rig doesn't want to stay running, dies out as if its not getting gas to the throttle body.:-[

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Im getting ready to buy an EFI unit and need to buy a fuel pump for my 23 gal tank. Which in tank Fuel pump do you all recommend for a Holley Sniper EFI unit? Can I use an early bronco or F150 in 19 gal tank fuel pump?

Go sniper, I've had nothing but problems with my FiTech system.:cry:

jamesroney

Loc.
Fremont, CA
Im running the Walbro in tank pump on my 23g Aero tank,except I'm having FiTech problems again, rig doesn't want to stay running, dies out as if its not getting gas to the throttle body.:-[

This is the solution to the FiTech "idles great, but won’t run" problem. Splice it into your fuel supply fitting at the throttle body. Put the gage out the hood, so that you can see it. When it drops below 40PSI, go find out which fuel filter is plugged...

Attachments

• 0D7AC137-0227-42E0-A969-6DBEA2BB442F.jpeg
    0D7AC137-0227-42E0-A969-6DBEA2BB442F.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

jamesroney

Loc.
Fremont, CA

This is a Walbro 255LPH pump, and the tanks inc standpipe in a 23 gallon Bronco tank. (Don’t make my mistake and put the pump in the way of the fuel sender arm.) Tanks inc gives you a nice little sump, and quality fittings. I also used the Tanks Inc rollover valve and vent. This set up is pretty quiet, and uses the OEM Ford Mustang connections.

from SummitRacing, it's Part number: tnk-pa-4

Attachments

• EB07CD9C-6CB8-4433-B261-D8F43ADF608A.jpeg
    EB07CD9C-6CB8-4433-B261-D8F43ADF608A.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Mine came as a kit from BC and it whines but nothing unbearable. IDK or remember which pump it was though.

Not sure about current supply but quite a number of years ago the pump was supposed to be the same as the EFI intank mustang pumps.

I pulled mine and compared it to a stock one an it was the same.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Not sure about current supply but quite a number of years ago the pump was supposed to be the same as the EFI intank mustang pumps.

I pulled mine and compared it to a stock one an it was the same.

I think it still is. IIRC correctly, the stock Mustang pumps are 190 lph, a common upgrade is the 255 lph pump and if you have crazy HP, a 340 lph pump is available (and needs a dedicated relay because it pulls so much power). The same form factor pump is used by a zillion different vehicles.

Todd Z.

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Another Vote for a Walbro 255. When I did my swap I put a new stock Explore pump in. It lasted a few years. I noticed performance started falling. Pressure would drop on demand. I put a new Walbro 255 in it. With a return system you don’t have to worry about over fueling. The same set up is fueling my new set up