• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

white bronco with argent grill..pics?

skinner

Contributor
i am leaning toward this paint scheme these days on my 66 U13, i know its not period correct,but i like the contrast, ill have the silver mink bench seat, and poly grey dash, plus poly grey front PTO bumper and white stock back pumper. just htought the argent grill would tie in well to the overall look of the bronco plus red rocker stripes and red lettering front and back... i just want to see a few broncos with the silver grill and in white, to help seal the decision... thanks jason

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
You can check out the pictures in my garage. Of the white 77 Ranger I owned back in the late 70's.

House

Minutia Militia
Are you planning on putting the Sport trim on it too or just a cut line?

Attachments

• sand-drag-riverside-1968.jpg
    sand-drag-riverside-1968.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 255
OP
OP
skinner

skinner

Contributor
just cut line.. its an eyebrow grill.. don't want to put any holes into it at this point.. though i do like the shine of the trim.. and the chrome headlight buckets... thanks and keep the pics coming...

House

Minutia Militia
Here is white/white/white, and white/white/chrome...

Attachments

• ww.jpg
    ww.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 180
  • wwc.jpg
    wwc.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 226

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
....like so ??

Attachments

• OP1JFTudw~~0_3.jpg
    OP1JFTudw~~0_3.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 218
OP
OP
skinner

skinner

Contributor
great... im convinced to go with the silver grill and the clear parking lamp with the chrome rings.... now if i only had a money tree!!! thanks all of you for the help.. jason

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
just cut line.. its an eyebrow grill.. don't want to put any holes into it at this point.. though i do like the shine of the trim.. and the chrome headlight buckets... thanks and keep the pics coming...

Make sure the cut line is correct for an eyebrow grille! It's not the same as a later grille. The Argent grille on a white Bronco looks good.

OP
OP
skinner

skinner

Contributor
will do.... im doing the painting( i plan to atleast) so ill be real careful, but i am by NO means even a novice painter... that's the fun part to me.. trying what you are not good at.. thanks for info...

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Here is the correct way to paint an eyebrow grille.

DSC03093.jpg

OP
OP
skinner

skinner

Contributor
OK. Makes sense now. You follow eyebrow, not the transition edge. Looks good thanks for the info. I had never noticed that subtle detail till you showed me. Man
, I still have so much to learn. Thanks so much. This sight is a true blessing to those like me that are not that versed on bronco details.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is the correct way to paint an eyebrow grille.

DSC03093.jpg

Not always. Both ways for the '66 eyebrow grills are correct. I have seen the way that Don has done his grill in old ads and literature. Not sure if this made it to production though as I have never witnessed an actual bronco with this particular paint scheme. But yes, very cool and definitely leads on to conversation as to why the grills were painted outside the "eyebrows" inclusions. The last photo is of a '66 roadster with original paint.

Attachments

• Rfront34_2.jpg
    Rfront34_2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 0400-8627.jpg
    0400-8627.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 61
  • TimHulick3.jpg
    TimHulick3.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 55
  • roadster_ad.jpg
    roadster_ad.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 60

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Not always. Both ways for the '66 eyebrow grills are correct. I have seen the way that Don has done his grill in old ads and literature. Not sure if this made it to production though as I have never witnessed an actual bronco with this particular paint scheme. But yes, very cool and definitely leads on to conversation as to why the grills were painted outside the "eyebrows" inclusions. The last photo is of a '66 roadster with original paint.

Agree. I do think that the way Don's is painted is how the original designers INTENDED the grille to be painted. (Thus why I referred to it as the correct way.) Production costs and possibly lazy paint tapers probably ensured it did not last in production mode very long (if at all)!! This is probably why Ford dropped the eyebrow grille. The real oddball look I don't like is where the grille paint does not extend past the headlight rings at all. You only see that in very early literature and on the original Bronco prototype.

I like the look and even painted a non-eyebrow grille to match!

Attachments

• DSC02685.jpg
    DSC02685.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited: