• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

who has the best prices on rear drum brake kits

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
ok so i just purchased the horsepower sales front disc brake kit and the power booster setup. now i need to get myself a rear drum kit to replace what i have now to make the entire brake system all new. i was looking at the JBG kit for $220. my truck is a small bearing 10" drum and my truck is mostly street driven daily. anyone have experiance with anyone else's kits or parts sold individually for good prices.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I just bought everything at the local oreillys. Saved on shipping, and the cost was a little cheaper to boot. All hard parts are readily available at any auto parts supplier,

Ben

OP
OP
M

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
i have tried online websites from auto zone, napa, and advanced auto and all of them seem to be missing something due to the differences in drum sizes. some had drums but no springs,etc. the closest one to having everything was auto zone but was still about $200 and was missing pieces and no taxes applied. so the JBG deal seems to be pretty good.

mcdobson

Loc.
Sacramento
I just went through the 10" fiasco. One inch smaller and twice the price.
The best price I found that had the parts was Tom's.