• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whos going to ECBR at Paragon?

kens71

Loc.
Sumter, S.C.
Just wondered. This roundup was a blast last year even through all the rain. Me, Tommy F. and Our two boys are making plans now.
The girls don't want to ride that long to get there. 14 hours. So looks like it just us boys.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I'm going. I really wanted my orange project done but it isn't looking good right now. I'm probably going to have to take the Focus but I'm going. I just want to meet some of the guys from here. I'm going to try and finish project Bronco , we will see. :)

chris

No more Rock Crawler
2Bad, I have a spare seat if you want!

Let me know.

Anyone else without a ride let me know and I am sure we can hook you up with someone, thats what I had to do last year.

Chris

MountainGuy

Loc.
Athens, Georgia
Where is it gonna be again? I haven't really heard that much about it. Actually, i domnt' really know anything about it; so any info would be awesome.

OP
OP
kens71

kens71

Loc.
Sumter, S.C.
its at paragon adventure park. Its a huge place,well organized and lots of drawing giveaway prizes. Its hosted by the Mid-atlantic early bronco club. Would like to see some faces from here go.Ken

nhopman

Hey Ken,

You know I'll be there. Things are really shaping up and it looks like this event should be better than ever. We are changing the Rock Challenge by separating it into 2 classes. One modified and one unlimited. We may run them on the same course with different gates, but Drew said that Paragon has cleared a bunch of trees for the NEUROC events and he thinks we might be able to run both on two different courses and spectators will be able to view both events from the same spot. We are also going to have three classes for the Ramp event. so that people like me with 3.5 lifts don't have to compete with a purpose built buggy with tons of flex.

Now, if the weather will cooperate we should have a great time. Looking forward to seeing you and Tommy there, Nick

PS: 2Bad and anyone else for that matter, if it is close to you and even if you don't have a rig ready yet, please come, you shouldn't have a problem finding a ride. The first 2 events I attended mine wasn't ready and I had a blast. I got to meet many wonderfrul people and one of the best things about being a passenger, is that you get to take a lot of pictures, to look back on for inspiration and ideas for when it comes time to putting your own rig on (or off) the road.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
I'll be there in my stocker so the wife and 15 month old daughter can get there first adventure. I had a blast last year dispite the rain. Even after having to do a carb rebuild till 2am sat morning in the monsoon!!!

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Thanks for the ride offer chris. I'll be there for sure. I have had a room reserved at the fairfield inn for a month :) . I'm going one way or the other. I'd like to drive mine but I'll take a cab if I have to. ;D

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Push, pull, or carry mine on my back... but I will be there!

Paperboy

I'm thinking about attending. My Bronco currently is in multiple piles, so if I do go I'll be bringing my truck. Are there things to do if you can't hit the trails?

chris

No more Rock Crawler
It's pretty quiet at the campground when everyone is out on the trails. There's a few people around. I'm sure you can catch a ride with someone out on the trails.

OP
OP
kens71

kens71

Loc.
Sumter, S.C.
Paperboy said:
Are there things to do if you can't hit the trails?

There was alot of people in the camp when we were there. One reason was the rain. some didn't brave the wet trails and stayed around the game room. Theres also a lake where you can swim or fish. My kid and his friends caught some and had a blast.
I'll go on the harder trails this time.:eek:

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I'll probably make it;) (OK, for those who don't know, I'm the Event Chairman and club Pres.)

Like Nick said, it's starting to really come together and should be better than ever. Look for another thread later today with more details.

Unfortunatly for me, my schedule has not allowed me the time I needed to get the trail rig rebuilt the way I wanted, so it will not be there this year :( (the first time since the Roundup started 6 years ago). We will however have two of our restored stockers at the campground for the Show and Shine portion of the event.

I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new faces this year!

Ken, I emailed Tommy a week or two ago and he was not sure of the plans, I'm glad to see you're both making the pilgrimage again! :)

71 BRNCO

Yes I will be there this year Drew. I finally decided to get in on all the action. I will be taking the nice easy trails this year as I am afraid of body damage (I should just bang it up that way I can tear the body of the frame this winter and change colors). Anyhow me and the girlfriend will be there late thursday night. Maybe we can catch a ride in a trail rig with someone to try some of the more adventorous stuff.

PS Anyone have a trailer that wants to tow my truck??? haha

See everyone there.
Kyle

Broncitis

MEB Founder
71 BRNCO said:

PS Anyone have a trailer that wants to tow my truck??? haha

See everyone there.
Kyle

I would, but I'm hoping to be hauling a load of parts on my tag trailer since I won't have the trail rig there. Our enclosed gooseneck will have the two stockers and all the club gear in it, so that's out as well.

You'll be fine, it's only a couple hours for you. Last year Russ Crew drove his green rig (shown in the body parts section of the new WH catalog) all the way from GA. with no top or doors in the rain! Let alone that rig has seen some serious trail workouts (hence the feature in the body parts section along with Lou Levy, or Trail Coordinator). There are several other pics in the WH catalog from the Roundup, inlcuding the front and back cover shot of Alan Soutter's black and silver rig.

Jim Creel (WH) as well as several other vendors will again be on had and takig photos, so who knows, you may end up in a catalog or magazine as well!