• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

whos going to sob

ckriz

Loc.
Central Oregon
I was hoping to get to meet some of you guys beings that around here there are less than a handful of early broncos 'not' running in this area.

Jamers

Loc.
Van,BC,Canada
I'll be there! I have an orange rig with all the details at the bottom of my post. What's your rig's description?? We should all wear our user name's around our necks so we know who we all are!! :p ;D

Just kidding,

See you all there!

Jim

yellowbilly

Loc.
Auburn, WA
I am definately going...I have to use my Bronco at least once a year ;D
I would like ot meet people on here too, we should post our user names on our rigs!!!!!

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
yellowbilly said:
I am definately going...I have to use my Bronco at least once a year ;D
I would like ot meet people on here too, we should post our user names on our rigs!!!!!

Are you still working on that house down in my neck of the woods?
Would like to see your bronco sometime, but won't be going to SOB.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I'm running the trail run Friday at 2:00 PM and possibly one on Saturday if enough people sign up so I'll be there. And, I will have my UserName on my EB. Not sure if it will be on the new paint or not but if not it will be on the windshield.

cc

Loc.
eugene, oregon
Im going to go but I wont get there until late friday night, or early saturday morning!! I cant wait it should be a lot of fun!!! For those that have been before--if I come up Saturday morning will I have a hard time finding a place to camp for saturday night? (on the dunes of course) I mean how packed does it get? Thanks and see you guys there!!

OP
OP
ckriz

ckriz

Loc.
Central Oregon
you should find a spot in the dunes if not there is camping at the east end of the dunes, parking lots and of coarse the tree line. I am going to be there thursday after noon some time and I hope to get something in the camp ground (yeah right) cause of wife and kid. If was just me Id sleep under the bronco any where

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
So if we leave on Wednesday, what's our chances of getting a spot in the campground? Anyone else from Western Washington leaving on Wednesday?

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
On another thread regarding SOB, someone mentioned that there are campsites that are not reservable........not sure if this is true or not. Thought I'd try to get a jump on the campsite competition by being there on Wednesday night. :)

rayc

Loc.
Western Oregon
I'm coming up Friday night with a buddy. Guess we'll have to sleep in the tree line or find a motel in Pacific City. Man, I have to drive a whole hour and a half to get there..... ;D

Hope there will be some cool people to drink some beer and BS with. I'm sure there will be...

Jamers

Loc.
Van,BC,Canada
There is a big main campsite at sand lake, and it holds 101 camp sites I think. About 60 of them are reservable, and fully reserved long ago, but there are 41 or so spots that are first come first serve. So if you go on Wednesday I would think you would get one, but you never know! Also, there is a parking lot with some spots for a small fee per night, and then of course the dunes, which are huge so finding a spot shouldn't be hard I would think. I phoned all of the motels/hotels mentioned on broncofix.com in pacific city and Tillamook and they were all booked except for the ones that were like $279 p/night, but I found a campsite just up north about 5-10 min. where they had 1 spot left, then the second night probably just crash on the dunes!

I will put my user name on my rig windshield as well, what should I use, that removable window writing stuff?? what works best??

USER NAME = JAMERS come introduce yourself...we can talk broncos! if i can talk with all of the drool coming out of my mouth constantly!

I get excited if I see 1 bronco in my neighbourhood, wait till there are 250... :eek: :eek: ;D ;D

Jamers (Jim)

Tazz

Loc.
Sac. River Delta, CA
I'll be there late Thursday afternoon. We usually pull in somewhere around 5:00 PM. It's about a 13 hr drive for me with both of the broncos on the trailer. I have camp spaces 43, 46 & 48 reserved. I'll be in space 46 with my kids, brother and friend of mine and his GF, friends coming from Idaho will be in 43 and Westco form the board here will be in 48. We've had a few people back out so might have some exta space. ckriz were all pitching tents so there should be some room if there's nothing available when you get there on thursday. All three spaces are good for 12 people and we'll not have that many. It really comes down to space for tents.
Look for my Orange rig, theres enough pic of it in my build thread so it should be easy to find. It'll either be park and finished or be the one everyone is working on.
Dan

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Jamers said:
There is a big main campsite at sand lake, and it holds 101 camp sites I think. About 60 of them are reservable, and fully reserved long ago, but there are 41 or so spots that are first come first serve. So if you go on Wednesday I would think you would get one, but you never know! Also, there is a parking lot with some spots for a small fee per night, and then of course the dunes, which are huge so finding a spot shouldn't be hard I would think. I phoned all of the motels/hotels mentioned on broncofix.com in pacific city and Tillamook and they were all booked except for the ones that were like $279 p/night, but I found a campsite just up north about 5-10 min. where they had 1 spot left, then the second night probably just crash on the dunes!

I will put my user name on my rig windshield as well, what should I use, that removable window writing stuff?? what works best??

USER NAME = JAMERS come introduce yourself...we can talk broncos! if i can talk with all of the drool coming out of my mouth constantly!

I get excited if I see 1 bronco in my neighbourhood, wait till there are 250... :eek: :eek: ;D ;D

Jamers (Jim)
For mine I picked up some 2" gold letters on a black background at the local home improvement store. They are vinyl and simply stick on. They are actually for things like mail boxes I think. Another alternative is to have custom vinyl letters made which is what I will probably do for on the tailgate eventually. (I doubt it will be before SOB though) Another option would be any marine supply as they generally will have lettering for the sides of boats.

my73eb

I will be going this year. My first at that and only have an hours drive to get there, still trying to convice bro nlaw it would be great if he went too with his. Only planing on be ther Saturday right now, tghat could change.

OP
OP
ckriz

ckriz

Loc.
Central Oregon
TAZZ I just might have to take you up on that if I cant find a spot. even if I do I will come introduce myself. Ill tell you what, I get too excited for this weekend, it makes it hard to sleep.

yellowbilly

Loc.
Auburn, WA
Ya, I think I'll write my user name on my windshield..maybe with a grease pencil.

J-Dub, ya still working on it...I JUST moved in, after more than a year of work...and I still have a long way to go!! Oh well, ya anytime you want to check out my rig, feel free to give me a call. I am just off the Auburn-Black Diamond Rd where it splits from Kent-Black Diamond road.

253-638-2034

Jamers

Loc.
Van,BC,Canada
For the oregon residents....how is the 5-day weather forecast looking?? In vancouver, bc it is supposed to be all rain, in seattle I saw it's supposed to be rainy on friday but clearing up on sat and sun, how about oregon??