• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Why are tie rods so hard to find?

bgaller

RockAuto is sold out, as are most other online retailers (longer driver side unit). The Moog DS767 seems to be the best option, but even Moog doesn't have it on their site. All my local parts stores say they don't carry it, where is everyone else getting a replacement? I was able to find the pass tie rod end, sleeve, and drag link.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
May have to get that replacement that has a replaceable tie rod on each end. I haven't done it yet but I am going to.
Hang on and I will find you a link,

OP
OP
B

bgaller

Was hoping for something cheaper, this is an occasional use truck so I don't need anything fancy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tugross302

Please guys. Check our sponsors first. If we don’t then ten years down the road we’ll have to build our own parts.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... BACK WHEN I WAS IN THE PARTS BUSINESS .. I got out in 1995 so my story is old.
Someone can help me here .. But there was a company call ''OBSOLETE Suspension Parts.''. or Obsolete Chassis Parts .Obsolete Classic parts ..Something like that. I'll bet someone knows about it. I remember getting a guy some NOS RoadRunner steering parts .
... Since I'm an old parts guy I cant believe ... I can't believe our Bronco are now Obsolete.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Papitt, those tie rods i linked at napa are Obsolete/rare Suspension company parts.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Agreed guys....if it's within a few bucks stay with the Bronco vendors...course if you are all just trying to make a fast buck and drive up the prices on parts for us "life-long" owners then I hope the China made part breaks before you can resell and make a fast buck off your Bronco! lol

Joking aside...keep our Bronco part vendors in business...