• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Why does my Bronco peel out all the time? (video)

Seymourpus

BANNED
Loc.
So Cal
Mine is a converted from 3 on tree to 4 on floor with granny gear.

Its a 302 engine, perhaps slightly improved by previous owner. Still, when I start to accelerate from stop in first, second or even third gears in 2wd never mind 4H or 4l, I peel out (or can easily).\

Anyone else have this issue?

Never mind downshifting, I think I leave a patch of rubber for that too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAq_eLnWYaI

Happy New Year to all......

bax

Contributor
Old Member
yeah I know what you mean. Mine dont make that squealing noise. The 37's just go up in smoke and make a nice chirp noise when it hooks up. mine is an automatic so I dont have to deal with the clutch. Your clutch may be too tight. A tight clutch will spin the tires every time. You may need a pint of friction modifier.

msweb

Bronco Guru
I love the groan as ya climb in, I do the same thing, lol!

Where'd ya get that hood? More pics please!

Amac70

ME
that is a cobra r hood sold off ebay. first time ive actually seen one mounted up and painted.

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
Your foot is too big for your skinny pedal. Trade for little girl foot, that should do it.

Johnny

Hey.. some people just can't handle driving certain kind of vehicles... it's alright, nothing to be ashamed about..... you just might need to trade it in for a chevette....

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
That squel is annoying. Not as annoying as the AC/DC, but annoying.